Lone tree, near Fountains Abbey

Yep - I like that. I think I'd like it more offset to the left a bit - so that the direction of windsweptness (made a word up there!) is pointing into the frame.

I like that alot , I like the negative white space above but my preference would have this landscape style with tree on the left blowing into negative space on the right.. Lovely image though either way :)

I like that alot , I like the negative white space above but my preference would have this landscape style with tree on the left blowing into negative space on the right.. Lovely image though either way :)

Exactly this.

Very nice

Thank you! :)

Yep - I like that. I think I'd like it more offset to the left a bit - so that the direction of windsweptness (made a word up there!) is pointing into the frame.

Thank you, I've had another look at my shots and tried one in landscape view but prefer the portrait one (there wasn't enough negative space!). I'll hopefully go back soon and take some more shots of it which would enable me to have more negative space for it to 'blow' into

Nice. A gentle gradient in the sky maybe?

Thank you, I've tried a gentle gradient but it just made the sky look mucky! (though thats possibly my limited ps skills)

Exactly this.

thank you :)

Very nice

Thank you :)

I love a good lone tree:)

Of course the are plenty of compositions but I do like this one. Would look great with a blanket of snow.

Cheers.

Nice and simple, i like it.

Thank you! :)

I love a good lone tree:)

Of course the are plenty of compositions but I do like this one. Would look great with a blanket of snow.

Cheers.

We'll definitely try and get back in the snow! :)

Really like this. Perfect in mono too. Good work!

Thank you, I almost scrapped to because of the white sky but I'm glad I tried it in monochrome now!

That work well.

That's a belter, really like it, fantastic shape always think they look better with no leaves as you can see there structure perfectly as opposed to when they are in leaf. Also would be nice for a revisit with some of the above mentioned compositions, but that's another shot for another day eh;)
Nearly re arranged my car the other day looking at a lone tree on a hillside the other day oopppsss:rolleyes:
Nice Work Sarah(y)

Back