Long exposure at night

I have to agree with Andy, you've done well but it would be so much better with a complete trail, I'm guessing that you were in aperture priority and thus not really controlling the exposures like you need to to get the very best out of this style of photo

Please consider giving my guide to light trails a quick read there is a link to it in my signature (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Some nice cool colours in this, but would have preferred to see the light trail actually leave the image and not end in mid air.

I have to agree with Andy, you've done well but it would be so much better with a complete trail, I'm guessing that you were in aperture priority and thus not really controlling the exposures like you need to to get the very best out of this style of photo

Please consider giving my guide to light trails a quick read there is a link to it in my signature (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks for the advice guys. It was my first attempt at it and as such a learning curve. Despite this, this shot is now on canvas in one of our meeting rooms where I work. I shall read your guide Matt. Many thanks.

Some nice cool colours in this, but would have preferred to see the light trail actually leave the image and not end in mid air.

I also agree

Back