Long-Time Nikon Photographer Explains Why He Switched to Canon

It's the image that matters, not the tool used. Nikon, Canon, Sony, all good.
Although, it may have helped Scott's decision, that they're now sponsored by Canon and they happy to let him "try out their gear". Pat on the backto the Canon US team.

I have seen this guy before on YouTube,last time he was showing of the D4 with a couple of Nikon Reps,he seem to have good contacts with all the reps and if Canon came up with a better deal and he really liked the Canon why not,the gear he uses doesn't come cheap.
Plus it seem the Canon Reps were very pro active,which is good for Canon :)

I watched the video a couple of days ago on the grid, I couldn't help noticing that when Scott was telling us how Canon were keen not to make a big deal about the sponsorship affecting which camera brand he used, it did appear that they bent over backwards to get him to try the 1d and 5d bodies with extended test periods. And there was no mention of wether he actually spent his own money on the bodies.

All things considered though, why should we care? he's a business man and a photographer and he'll do what's right for him :)

I don't normally even bother looking at the canon vs Nikon arguments as the camera is a tool, but I do agree with Scott's conclusion that the current canon menu system is easier and quicker to use than the nikon's. :)

I've posted this article because it's not about the battle between Nikon and Canon (like you, I think it's stupid), it's about a professional photographer who explains with his own words and in detail why he switched from one camera to another no matter the brand. :)

Indeed, and the clarity on his part is to be applauded on the whole. It would have been nice if there was a bit more information on who paid for the toys though...... But heck, it's his choice and it's a private one at that so I'm not losing sleep on it :)

I basically dislike Italian cars for one reason or another but if Ferrari or even Maserati want to give me a car to drive about it I'll accept it like a long lost son :D

Indeed, and the clarity on his part is to be applauded on the whole. It would have been nice if there was a bit more information on who paid for the toys though...... But heck, it's his choice and it's a private one at that so I'm not losing sleep on it :)

I basically dislike Italian cars for one reason or another but if Ferrari or even Maserati want to give me a car to drive about it I'll accept it like a long lost son :D

Plus this guy does do theses kind of video as part of his living,he did the Nikon pre production one for the D4 just before it came out with the Nikon reps.

But as i said if he getting his gear free or at a great price,what he got to lose in another couple of mths when the D4s come out,he only got to make a couple of phone calls :D

What is he talking about when he starts comparing Apple laptops to PCs and saying that's what photographers care about, how it looks? Can't say I've ever looked at any DSLR and thought it's so beautiful I need to buy it.

...... he did the Nikon pre production one for the D4 just before it came out with the Nikon reps.

Did he use the word 'like' as many times in the D4 video?

("I'm like this", "I'm like that" - :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: - bl**dy annoying).

Back