Longhorn beetle but which one?

Edit My Images
No
We discovered a Longhorn Beetle in the house (no idea when it flew in) so I collected it up in my 'catcher' (a plastic cup and bit of card) and let it go outside.

So, of course being a photography forum I had to take some pictures and here is a phone photo of the rear LCD of my TG-6, zoomed in to show the carapace markings.

Looking online I have yet to ID it but did learn that there are 67 varieties!

I am hoping someone can identify it properly :thinking:

For sure it has beautiful symmetrical markings.

IMG_20240401_124514304~2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I think it's probably one of the Squashbugs ( Coreidae ), possibly Leptoglossus occidentalis, the Western Conifer Seed Bug, it arrived in Europe in 1999 from America and the crossed the channel here in 2008-2011. It has now aparently spread over much of England and Wales but is infrequent in Scotland.

Hi, I think it's probably one of the Squashbugs ( Coreidae ), possibly Leptoglossus occidentalis, the Western Conifer Seed Bug, it arrived in Europe in 1999 from America and the crossed the channel here in 2008-2011. It has now aparently spread over much of England and Wales but is infrequent in Scotland.
Thank you, I have looked specifically for that Latin name and yes it matches exactly :jaffa: :)

I was looking for Longhorn beetle species, so your very timely reply is very welcome (y)

PS here is more information

Not classified as a pest though can been seen as a 'threat' to nursery grown conifers?

Back