Looking for a compact...

Name
Pat MacInnes
Edit My Images
Yes
I smashed the missus' beloved Sony Cybershot W17 last time I went snowboarding and with the immenent arrival of our first born, we need a little compact to record our memories - the gripped D200 might be a bit wieldy for snapshots :)

She only wants a black camera, hence my two choices, which are:

Panasonic Lumix FS7

Sony Cybershot W220

Both are spot-on for our budget and both seem to have good features (I've used the Lumix on holiday and liked it) but if anyone has one or the other (or both) give me your verdicts.

IQ is important - I was happy with what i saw from the Lumix - but I'm not too bothered about raw capture, HD video and 'gizmo' things that more expensive cameras might sport; compact design, a black body and easy controls are the key things, all things the missus has asked for.

If it were me I'd have a Canon G10 or a Nikon P6000 but this is for her so I must obey ;)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give...

ive got a lumix fx500 which is very good, slightly smaller to carry round, and you can get it in black.
Its worth a look and worth to be added to your list.
The latest model of it is the fx550 but some places have the fx 500 on a good deals from older stocks.
I bought it for features, wide angle lens and the fact that you can put it in your pocket for holidays and snapshots, I can never be bothered to take an slr on holiday.
Hope this is of some help.

Canon Ixus?

Back