Looking for camera bag on wheels - £200 budget

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Guys

I am now lucky to have quite a bit if kit but with that comes the problem of carrying it all around - I am looking for a trolley/bag that will carry:

Gripped Canon 7d
Sigma 18-200
Canon 50
Canon 85
Canon 100
2x flash guns
Interfit soft box
Cards, batteries and cables
Light metre
iPad

I have been looking at this one - tamrac 5263 - and wondered what anyone thinks or can recommend?

Thanks

Hilarious.

Not seen one of those for years and yesterday I listed mine on eBay....

Seriously good bag. I've used one pretty hard and apart from a couple of scuffs on it you wouldn't know it from new. I upgraded to a ThinkTank largely because TT wheels are better on rough surfaces than the Tamrac. But the Tamrac ones are great on roads.

There's a list of what I used to stuff into mine on the eBay auction.

£200 puts you in Peli territory, and there is no better hard case on the planet, their cases even have a NATO millitary issue code, so thy're built to last.

The Peli 1510 is as robust as they come, has wheels and a solid pull handle, check it out. I think you can pick them up for around £200.

Cheers
Aled

Pelis are awesome.

But the UN have more land rovers and trucks than I do. I've never enjoyed either carrying one or dragging it for more than 50 yards.

IMO best wheeled bags for pulling on wheels are the ThinkTank Airport series. I often work in London and it's not unusual for me to walk 5 miles in a day pulling 15 kilos. V awkward to carry though. Tamrac is a better hybrid.

Last edited:
Does it have to have the wheels attached? I had a Tamrac Ultra Pro 13 and I've now got a bigger Super Pro 14 (which would be above your budget) and I bought a hand trolley off ebay to put them on. They have a special 'piggy back' pocket that slips over the trolley easily. It gives you the best of both ways to carry it as you can wheel it to where you need it if your full or put it over your shoulder if it's not full. They're great bags too, very well made and a great design and big enough to carry all your gear and more.

What about one of the Lowepro Pro Rollers? Might be within your budget if you look second hand. They double up as a backpack but don't know if it would be comfortable or not :s

I personally have a few Pelican cases and they are fantastic, I have a 1510 which goes everywhere I go when I need to carry a LOT of gear! And it fits in my boot sideways perfectly :)

Back