Looking for new bag

Name
alastair
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, im looking for a new bag to take my camera with a few lenses and a tripod.
I have planned for the summer to jump on my bicycle and ride around cotswolds and surrounding areas and walk around, so will be carrying alot of gear.

budget would be around £100-200 more if it really stands out and does the biz
camera
2-3 lenses
triggers/remotes
pos flash or 2
filters
tripod
water
ipad
spare clothes/waterproof jacket
etc etc

I have looked at several like the kata 3n1 series and the lowepro rover, also looked at f-stop loka but thats a tad expensive !

any suggestions please

thanks in advance Ali

you might be better to have a panniers? on the bike for the non valubles, thats likely alot of weight on your back.

you should list the lenses and body too, my kata bag can take 2-3 normal length lenses (kit lens, uwa etc) plus room for another "row" of lenses.

so i can pack a a77 (sometimes gripped) 16-50 f2.8, 60mm macro, 10-20mm sigma and a tamron 70-300 or beercan 70-200 in the bottom section, top section i use for bits n bobs

think its a 123 go or similer

Thanks for reply,
Panniers not an option, bike won't take them. Am looking for backpack so can walk aswell as ride, this will be main bag for pretty much everything I will do and throw at it, I will usually carry most of my gear, I currently use crumpler cupcake but struggle with tripod or sacrifice a lens or 2 to carry it

I cycle a lot and I can honestly say that I *hate* carrying camera gear on my bike. When I do (like today, I'm shooting a gig tonight and there's a tube strike in London...) I take the absolute bare minimum. if I can get away with just taking one body and one lens, I will. Even better, I'll just wrap my x100s in a jumper, toss it in my Osprey backpack and leave it at that.

I've got a couple of really solid camera backpacks and they're all made by Think Tank. Depending on what I need to take with me, I'll either use a Streetwalker Pro or a Shapeshifter. They're okay on the bike, but make my back tired after a few miles and I can't imagine touring the Cotswolds with them. I've got an Airport Accelerator for when I need to carry multiple cameras and lenses - but it's bigger than I'd ever want to cycle with.

My advice is reconsider why you need to carry a lot of gear in the first place. Lots of gear and bicycles rarely mix well.

I have to say that up until recently I have had a huge camera bag obsession - I had a bag for weddings, a bag for location shoots and another for working in the studio - I decided that enough was enough and I wanted one that would do all of the above and more! I went with the Incase DSLR Pro Pack. I have not changed bags since and love the fact that it can fit everything in with room to spare. Not sure how easy they are to get hold of now but I would certainly snap one up if I saw one for sale.

Here is a review I did on our blog- http://www.tiptop-photography.com/incase-dslr-pro-pack-review/

i just today got myself a Lowepro Vertex 200 AW backpack. I think that would fill all of your objectives & work ideally with your kit.

thanks guys for all your replies, i checked out a few like the lowepro flipside range and the kata range instore when i had half hour spare, they were nice but not quite right, after a long chat with james at outdoorphotography i bought the clik elite contrejour 40. once it arrives on tues/wed i will report back.

thanks guys for all your replies, i checked out a few like the lowepro flipside range and the kata range instore when i had half hour spare, they were nice but not quite right, after a long chat with james at outdoorphotography i bought the clik elite contrejour 40. once it arrives on tues/wed i will report back.

Can you pop some photos up of it - quite interested as it's something I've thought about, but never really fancied...

Can you pop some photos up of it - quite interested as it's something I've thought about, but never really fancied...

Sure thing, there are plenty of photos on the net but none really show full potential, I plan taking detailed and write mini review

I'm 6'2 and this bag is suppose to be great for the taller person, if slightly shorter go for the 35

Back