Critique looking for some opinions

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Trying something a bit new to myself and looking for some feedback and advice

Controversial, and I'd have to say that I'm among those who do not at all understand the appeal of this style. It always just looks like a pointless gimmick to me.

Looks like nice focus on the eye though. Perhaps the colour has spilled a little from the boundary of the iris? The face in general could maybe do with a touch more contrast, maybe?

Last edited:
Eyes are the window to the soul, so they say, and are endlessly fascinating to me.

Cracking shot and love the way the surrounding blandness draws into the eye colour. Well done!

I'm no expert but I like the shot. I like the selective colour used in the photo that really focuses the viewers attention.

Yes - I like it too although I am not always convinced by selective colour.

For me the main thing that I'd try to change in a repeat shot would be the blown out whites on the RH side. Apart from being blown they draw my attention from the eye to the ear.

And.............................. maybe get the exposure right too, the top right of this image is blown to hell ( Over Exposed) which draws the viewers eye ( no pun intended)

Les ;)

Maybe something more like this ?

received%20in%20my%20mind%202.jpg

Once at this size the obvious problem of the reflection also becomes apparent !

Many thanks for all your advice guys it was my first attempt at this type of photo so will be looking to improve in the future. And Andrew that edit is awesome and given me some ideas on what to do in the future

Back