Looking for some pointers

cosmix3

David Sullivan
Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Had ago at somthing different today, I know the shot is not great, dont like the background on it, but was trying to pan, have I got the basics right, not sure if it was the best subject as was only going about 5/10 MPH. Any advice for futher atempts would be great.

IMG_1167.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Drop your shutter speeed. IF that was a racing car it would have loooooads of motion at that shutter speed but with it being a road car, it deosnt.

Thanks for that Matt, what sort of speed would you recomend?

proberly 1/50 ish. Becuse it is going that slow!! Obviously the faster the car is moving the fast the shutter! So proberly 1/100 is good for 60 ish MPH :)

proberly 1/50 ish. Becuse it is going that slow!! Obviously the faster the car is moving the fast the shutter! So proberly 1/100 is good for 60 ish MPH :)

Thanks Matt, will bear that in mind, a mate gets a Chevy Pickup in a few weeks (hopfuly) so want to give it ago on that. :D

The best place to practice panning is to go to your local race circuit on a trackday.

That way the public can get in, and although you won't be able to go trackside, you'll have plenty of subjects to practice on.

if you take Matts advice you will need to practice and maybe use some sort of optical stabilisation to help, Thats how I find it but maybe my old hands are a bit more shakey. Or just get the guy to drive Faster

The best place to practice panning is to go to your local race circuit on a trackday.

That way the public can get in, and although you won't be able to go trackside, you'll have plenty of subjects to practice on.

Thanks, due to work can be difficult to plan to get to one, will bear it in mind though.

if you take Matts advice you will need to practice and maybe use some sort of optical stabilisation to help, Thats how I find it but maybe my old hands are a bit more shakey. Or just get the guy to drive Faster

Thanks, dont know the guy driving this car was just a chance I took, want to have ago with my mates truck when he gets it so would have more control over it then (hopfuly) if I have the space when I do one of my lens has IS that works while panning.

Back