Looking to purchase a new camera...

Name
Keith Fusco
Edit My Images
Yes
But I can't seem to figure out which one that I want!

I currently have a Canon 400D and looking to upgrade my body for a main camera and have the 400D as a second camera/back-up.

I was looking at spending about £1k on one. I'd like the 5D MKII, but can't really justify the cost at the moment.

I'd like one with high ISO, or atleast something better at 1600 ISO than the 400D.

I was looking at soe 5D's and also 1D MKII, any other recommendations? I saw a few 50D's pop-up, but not sure on them.

The body wll be used for mainly weddings and also car shoots and portrait's.

what lens do you have? i would think that if you have good glass then the higher professional cameras are justified, otherwise I would personally go for a 40d/50d and spend the rest on upgrading my lens.

If you dont need the build (sealing, weight etc) of a 1D series, I'd go for a 50D.
If you want / need full frame and video, 5D mkII.

what lens do you have? i would think that if you have good glass then the higher professional cameras are justified, otherwise I would personally go for a 40d/50d and spend the rest on upgrading my lens.

Main one is a 24-70mm f2.8. Looking at 16-35mm f2.8 lens to either go on the 400D, or to go on the new camera. Was tempted by a 5D MKII with the 24-150mm kit lens, but it's too much at the moment.

If you dont need the build (sealing, weight etc) of a 1D series, I'd go for a 50D.
If you want / need full frame and video, 5D mkII.

I'd love full frame/video, but it's a little pricey at the moment, especially as the business hasn't properly kicked off until next year, but I want/need a back-up/second camera.

Is the 50D any good? How does it rate next to the 1D MKII/5D?

Back