Lost Lens Cap, Bah

DorsetDude

Spud
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

managed to lose the lens cap off my sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 while out yesterday, no chance of finding it as I was forcing my way through heather at the time.:bang:

Ive never liked the bladdy thing much, never as easy to just clip on as the canon lens ones. You had to squeeze two central bits and try and locate it squarely withing the lens cap holder bit, a right faff.

LensCap.jpg

So can I get a canon style lens cap replacement
LensCapCanon.jpg

or will I have to replace with anther sigma one? Its 77mm filter size.

And whatever, wheres the(a) best place to order one online?

Thanks

That kind of lens cap is useful when you want to take it off the lens without removing the hood. It is a bit fiddly, though.

You can use either, and eBay a good option

Thanks guys, so do I just order a lens cap the same size as the filter for that lens? I assume so..

Thanks guys, so do I just order a lens cap the same size as the filter for that lens? I assume so..

Yep :)

The only thing I would be cautious about is whether the depth of the recess where the filter thread is, is the same on both lenses. If it is, you'll be fine

Last edited:
When I lost mine Hedgehogging (Nothing like dogging, it's all good) I lost the one which came with the lens, then I bought one lost that too on the first night I look it out while hedgehogging, Then I invested in ANOTHER lens cap from Ebay Which I went and lost, and that one had a lens holder thing on it.
While I was talking to my friend while she was doing her studies on the hogs, she found it while she was scanning fields she found my first one I lost, chewed by foxes, rabbits and godknows what else. Just thought I'd get that exciting story out! :p

But yeah - you can get them dirt cheap from ebay! :) I think mine were £3 inc P&P! :)

I take all my lens caps off and keep them in a zipped pocket in my bag until im done shooting never lost a cap yet.

I wonder why they make them in grey plastic rather than bright orange or something? That could be a good line for an after market supplier..

Back