Lots of these in the garden

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
I've no idea what they are, but I've ordered an insect ID book. Steep learning curve ahead:thinking:

5786745992_88c1d3f1cd_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Not too happy with the bottom right corner.

Not too happy with the bottom right corner.

So why post the shot in the first place?

A: You've cropped off the fly's feet
B: You've cropped off the tip of it's wing
C: The bottom RH corner is a total mess as you pointed out!

Now go out and shoot a GOOD one! :)

:LOL:
I consider myself thoroughly told off.
5/10 must do better!
I'm going to enjoy this forum - being a competitive type. Keep pushing, it's good ;)

Oh, and it's not cropped.

Last edited:
Err - forgive me if I've got this wrong, I thought that one of the main ideas of a forum is so we can post our images ask for constructive critique advice ?

OK so the bottom corner is less than ideal - but it's good image that just needs a little more to make it great - you well on the way I would say Simon :)

Thanks for your support Syd. I took it as a tongue in cheek comment. I hope I was right to do so.

Err - forgive me if I've got this wrong, I thought that one of the main ideas of a forum is so we can post our images ask for constructive critique advice ?

OK so the bottom corner is less than ideal - but it's good image that just needs a little more to make it great - you well on the way I would say Simon :)

But he's already pointed out what's wrong with the shot himself so why does he need a 2nd oppinion?

But he's already pointed out what's wrong with the shot himself so why does he need a 2nd oppinion?

With respect - I wasn't looking for a second opinion, I'm just following the title of the section.

"If it's close-up, in detail, macro or micro, share your photos of it in here."

I shared it, pointed out the problem and others can comment on it, form their opinions and avoid similar mistakes.

Ok so it's not perfect but it's still very good. No need to argue. I would be chuffed with the image but kicking myself at the same time. Great effort and as I am often told - keep practising

well said- we are not ALL Professionals :bang:

Perhaps we could see an image from dogsbody, just to see how its done

Les

I think the image ( apart from the distracting bottom corner) is sharp with a good dof

Back