Low level action at the Tebay Pass 2nd May

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
No
Started off at my favourite spot up on the East side was up there for 8.30 not an active day today two Tucanos and a solitary Hawk was all I had to show before moving over to Jeffreys Mount to meet friends around 11.45ish. Didn't miss anything moving over later we had one Harrier pull out on us just when we thought things were starting to happen and then a little later two Harriers and that was it chaps actually not bad for a Friday.

tbaytuc2may1.jpg

tbaytuc2may2.jpg

tbaytuc2may3.jpg

tbaytuc2may4.jpg

tbayhawk2may1.jpg

tbayharr2may1.jpg

tbayharr2may2.jpg

tbayharr2may3.jpg

Bill

Nice work Bill.
Looks like the Harriers have been busy recently.
Dean:)

Good for the Harriers Dean where would we have been without them the GR4's were all otherwise engaged last week and I am given to understand this week coming too but who knows it's such an unpredictable scenario you just gotta be there and hope.

Cheers
Bill

They will come up behind me when I'm on my bike. Motor bike that is, . .Dunnarf make me :eek: jump..guess thats why they're called jump jets

Last edited:
You out this week Gordon or chasing the Vulcan at Conningsby today !!! got good weather for it. I am housebound this week mate but Bazza is coming up next week (bringing the rain with him no doubt) we will be Tebay way and around the Lakes chasing the action (we hope).

Anyone interested in what goes on at Tebay here is a slideshow of 150 images there this year to date, Tornado F3's & GR4's, F17's, Typhoons, Harriers, Tucanos and one or two other bits and bobs...

Go here

Bill

Last edited:
I'm in work today so I won't be able to catch the Vulcan but to be honest I think Coningsby could be a bit of a zoo today. There isn't much parking and people are going to be spread over a much smaller space than they were at Cottesmore.

I hope to get over to Wales, most likely Thursday, but still trying to sort out the details.

You could be ok next week, it's looking like we may well get a thunderstorm this weekend which could clear the weather for you.

I am housebound this week mate but Bazza is coming up next week (bringing the rain with him no doubt) we will be Tebay way and around the Lakes chasing the action (we hope).

Careful what you wish for Bill :naughty:, of course all the Tonka's will disappear down to the Loop because Bazza will be at Tebay :LOL: :D

'Top Shots' Bill....some good slower shutter speed practice with the Tucano's and some fast front line Harriers around....like the blured backgrounds and the and the angles you have captured here...........hope we get some of this kind of action when I come up next week........Cheers Barry

The weather is ordered Barry so keep your fingers crossed there has been a fair amount of traffic through the passes this week lets hope they haven't tired themselves out.

The Tebay 2008 experience is

here

Bill

Last edited:
Back