Low POV Heron

Thanks folks. This was taken from a hide which was built under the water level with only a window and headroom above the water line.My tripod was on the floor which is a few feet under the water level and my camera set to a few inches above.Think this might have been taken in the early evening but cant remember, that would explain the warm reed coloured background.Cheers.

Stunning, would have loved to have seen a full reflection of the heron, but not sure if that would have been possible given the PoV and/or lens combination, but a cracking shot no the less

I can feel my wallet getting lighter and spending some hard earned on a trip to Hungary!! , a beautiful shot of a common,but difficult to get right bird, it is bang on the money mate. Nice one.

Lovely shot Mark,great colours good framing and as usual good to see some shadows have been kept on the subject.Would make for a nice print.Being in the position you were, would having more water in the foreground produced a full on reflection?

Lovely shot Mark,great colours good framing and as usual good to see some shadows have been kept on the subject.Would make for a nice print.Being in the position you were, would having more water in the foreground produced a full on reflection?
Teah possibly but to get tgat i would need to be higher. There were swivel chairs fixed in place and could only raise it so much. The heron was just an after thought as i was photographing other birds at the time. The heron just went to that area in decent light so decided a few quick snaps were required.

Super shot and nice light.

The low view point has worked nicely and you've captured the concentration of the bird.

Back