Lowfly, 23rd June.

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Got to the location and in position for about 10.30 and stayed till 4.30 - burnt to a crisp but had a fantastic day !

6t9q3809pz4.jpg

6t9q3829bq9.jpg

Umm, what are you doing up there, fast and high, I have seen this kind of behaviour before - Bait ?

6t9q3888ww9.jpg

It seems the bait was taken :)

6t9q3920ae9.jpg

Hunting in a pair aswell !

6t9q3927qh8.jpg

Nearly shat 'em and fell off the mountain when this fella came over, he came from out of no-where going quick aswell, I was hoping for a repeat performance from the Harriers but it wasn't to be :(

6t9q3940fp8.jpg

Ohh, now arn't you pretty, Aniversary Hawk...
6t9q3965re0.jpg

Then the one I had been waiting for, my first proper Tornado, I know I got the Saudi but that was just luck, this was a day waiting and it came :)

So this RAPTOR pod, I have googled it and it doesn't look like the ones on Google ?

Well, you are correct. It isn't actually the RAPTOR pod itself but I believe it's part of the RAPTOR recce system. I've seen a Tonka pictured with two of these on the wings and a RAPTOR pod on the centre line but I've not found any detail information on the RAPTOR system (strange that :LOL:).

I'll ask about to see if I can get a better answer (interested myself).

CORRECTION: It isn't part of the RAPTOR system. It's a photography pod to take pictures of the release of a weapon. I'm assuming the weapon was release successfully at one of the ranges.

Last edited:
Nice selection there. Anniversary Hawk looks sweet underside.
Dean:)

Nice shots Ian, Like the Leeming Hawk underbelly
I think the GR4 was out of Warton.. So could be some new thing their developing there?

Thanks Neil, I had never even seen a picture of the Leeming Hawk so was chuffed with that, GR4 was the icing on the cake - I only noticed the Orange thing later, he wasn't hanging around, lol !

Cheers Dino, she did look sweet, hopefully see it again soon - now, when is a Typhoon going to show up ?

Well, you are correct. It isn't actually the RAPTOR pod itself but I believe it's part of the RAPTOR recce system. I've seen a Tonka pictured with two of these on the wings and a RAPTOR pod on the centre line but I've not found any detail information on the RAPTOR system (strange that :LOL:).

I'll ask about to see if I can get a better answer (interested myself).

CORRECTION: It isn't part of the RAPTOR system. It's a photography pod to take pictures of the release of a weapon. I'm assuming the weapon was release successfully at one of the ranges.

I wonder if they use Nikon or Canon and if they have any of me, high on the hillside with my bright red jacket ( and face by the time he came through, lol )

Back