Luke's take on the wedding 21/03/09

lukewoodford

FYI, I am Luke Woodford.....by Luke Woodford
Name
Luke Woodford
Edit My Images
No
Here are 10 from Saturday, I have 50 on my website wedding gallery. If you have time please go and view the slideshow because it gives a better impression of the day and a much wider range of images. http://www.lukewoodfordphotography.com/index2.php?v=v1. C&C welcome, oh by the way all shot with my 28mm AI-S and Sigma 50mm f/1.4, yes I said it. I actually got let down Friday night so I had no choice but I worked it, stayed calm and survived. Still getting backup gear this week. So anyway here's 10.

1On the final one of this shot I edited the white out on the hand so she didn't look like a sceleton, I just realised I uploaded the wrong one.
JonWedding017.jpg

JonWedding130-1.jpg

JonWedding222.jpg

JonWedding218.jpg

JonWedding321.jpg

JonWedding338.jpg

JonWedding377.jpg

JonWedding559.jpg

JonWedding808.jpg

JonWedding790.jpg

Again, please check out the slideshow. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I would be so nervous with the pressure of shooting a wedding, every shot would be blurred from me shaking, these are stunning photo's that show how much I have to learn, the couple should be more than happy with them.

Superb! Id love to know how you processed number 8, thats a beauty!

Thanks for the comments guys, I got a text last night saying they were impressed. Im very pleased with the results, especially with the pressure of my dodgy lens. I must also say it was a pleasure shooting with Teshi. I think personally two photograpers shooting a wedding side by side could be a nightmare but it worked. Not that ill be doing it like that again for a while ;). And Betty you have a PM ;)

Very well done Luke.

Looked through them on your site too and they are very impressive :clap:

#8 is quite beautiful and I agree with Betty that the processing on that one is very well suited to the image. (can you let me know the secret too?)

If I had to comment about any of the shots on your site, it would only be that a couple of the guests point and shoots have picked up a few highlights that may benefit from some selective burning, but a very minor thing.

To be honest I think you've done a smashing job and should be very proud - I was very worried following your lens problem the other day.

Very well done Luke.

Looked through them on your site too and they are very impressive :clap:

#8 is quite beautiful and I agree with Betty that the processing on that one is very well suited to the image. (can you let me know the secret too?)

If I had to comment about any of the shots on your site, it would only be that a couple of the guests point and shoots have picked up a few highlights that may benefit from some selective burning, but a very minor thing.

To be honest I think you've done a smashing job and should be very proud - I was very worried following your lens problem the other day.

So was I, but I learnt a valuable lesson about backup gear, I seem to always learn the hard way! Thanks for taking the time to view the others aswell.

Nice set, Luke. I'm not quite so sure about the first one. It would probably work well if you had pictures inside where all the space is on the left. But, very impressed overall.

:clap: Lovely stuff Luke :D I love the emotion you caught in #6, and agree with the comments on #8.

Well done Luke!

These are great Luke. I just checked out some f the EXIF and on 9 & 10 the ISO is 4000! Can that be right? I just checked on my camera in my unlit small dark office and I was getting 1/80th at f1.4 with ISO100. :thinking:

These are great Luke. I just checked out some f the EXIF and on 9 & 10 the ISO is 4000! Can that be right? I just checked on my camera in my unlit small dark office and I was getting 1/80th at f1.4 with ISO100. :thinking:

That's the D700 (/D3) for you - ISO king and no flash daddy.

Lovely set so far Luke (y)

looked at the slideshow, and its an absolutely lovely set Luke, you've really captured the day well.

From shots you've posted on here really like 6 not sure if he is wiping his brow or removing a tear but lovely, as is number 8. The processing is superb and I wouldn't mind knowing what you did as well :)

The only one I'm not sure about as with Teshi's set, is the one in silhouette number 7, its probably a personal thing but it seems to dark, with both the bride and groom also looking across the shot into more darkness.. I want to see what they are looking at, i'm just not sure if it works (for me). I possibly need to be looking at this more from an artistic angle not sure.

Any as said lovely set, and I would be really pleased as a customer.

Lee (y)

Yep ISO 4000. I must say I did learn something from this wedding and that was that you can still get good ambience using flash, like I had to a bit at the reception.

That's the D700 (/D3) for you - ISO king and no flash daddy.

Lovely set so far Luke (y)

Yeah but my point was that it would have to be down a coalmine to need ISO4000 at f1.4 to get 1/80th.

Brilliant set Luke!! :D Shame on all you doubters....;) I agree about 8, come on Luke, spill the PS secrets!!! :)

Nice work buddy. Now I just need to get mine up and running in a gallery!

BTW Luke, your website header thingy that appears embedded in the windows thing at the top says 'Eastbourne, Brighton, London Professional Contemorary Photographer. Not having a go or owt, just I clocked it when I opened the link to your site! :)

BTW Luke, your website header thingy that appears embedded in the windows thing at the top says 'Eastbourne, Brighton, London Professional Contemorary Photographer. Not having a go or owt, just I clocked it when I opened the link to your site! :)

I was about to say the same thing. :)

Great images though. Like the site generally too (y)

Wow thanks for letting me know that! Plonker!

All processing to all shots are in Lightroom,to be honest there aren't any secrets, some are they lightroom presets and some are my own.

Good work. Never doubted you for a minute as you are streets ahead as a fledgling photographer....and I am sure most people felt/feel the same.

Great set mate, No.8 is an absolute cracker!

Dave

Excellent. Thanks for sharing.

I also took a few wedding shots on Saturday, too new to upload anything as yet ;)
I had a gander at your web site images, very good indeed although not a silhouette man myself :clap:
The above images are really good and I do like the mono stuff, its nice to see other togs work, look and learn, so thanks for sharing.

Back