Lumsdale, Matlock

Thank kind sir
It was a good morning to be out and yes, autumn has started.

Thank you
I just love the place and apart from dog walkers you've usually got the place to yourself if you go early enough.

Last summer a good friend of mine and a fine glamour photographer shot a nude in the top falls, just bellow the mill pond. Too much flesh for me at 5am..

That is a great shot Andy, nice start of the autumn leaves beginning to gather there by the look of it, would be great to revisit when theres some nice colourful leaves scattered around. (If your Local to it i guess). Nice exposure, water flow looks good. I think if i was shooting it i would have get my Wife to wade in and get that square frame out of the way in the middle foreground:eek::coat:
Nice Work!

PS can you tell the Wife doesnt read this forum:)

Last edited:
Thank you 69Bonni & RichieTee for you kind words.

My wife doesn't read this either and I would have asked her to get it if she had been with me ( I can only imagine what the answer would have been ). To be honest its a schoolboy error cos I didn't bloody see it until I got home and downloaded the pictures :mad:.

I have several other images that I think are worth showing you so I'll post them up when they are ready.

Thanks again everyone for your comments.

Very nice shot, if I was going to be critical I would say it could do with just a touch more coverage at the top, having the top of the falls so close to the top of the frame is a little distracting for me anyway.

Thank you Moreorless & Delta Skies

No problem being critical, go for it it's the best way i'll learn :)

Lovely shot Andy beautifully exposed the only thing that bugs me slightly is the top of the falls being so tight up in the frame ,maybe there was a good reason for this ,something you did not want to include in the shot it was just the first thing i noticed of an otherwise great image.

Thank you noah1

Yes mate I had to crop it tight as above the falls was burnt out and with my limited ability of editing ( but I am getting better ) I couldn't do anything with it :mad:

Thanks for your comments, this is what I need :)

Thank you 69Bonni & RichieTee for you kind words.

My wife doesn't read this either and I would have asked her to get it if she had been with me ( I can only imagine what the answer would have been ). To be honest its a schoolboy error cos I didn't bloody see it until I got home and downloaded the pictures :mad:.

I have several other images that I think are worth showing you so I'll post them up when they are ready.

Thanks again everyone for your comments.

Its typical isnt it.... You never see these flipping things till you have it up on the screen at home! Maybe oneday the rear display on the camera will be the size of an IPAD.... Spose we'd still miss something!;). Cant see the wood for the trees and all that!

Still a nice shot! cloneing tool time :)

Back