Lunch hour - Manchester

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Suited and booted, camera in hand, taken on my lunch hour on what was a lovely spring afternoon in the city....

by bifferd, on Flickr

And I really liked the converging lines on this one, as I walked back to work.....

by bifferd, on Flickr

Love the first or at least I would if the tree wasn't in the way. The contrast of the 19th century with the 21st is clever. 2nd one is a decent shot too but can't help thinking it would be improved with just a bit more of the ascending stair on the left

Steve

Love the first or at least I would if the tree wasn't in the way. The contrast of the 19th century with the 21st is clever. 2nd one is a decent shot too but can't help thinking it would be improved with just a bit more of the ascending stair on the left

Steve

Thanks for the feedback. the first was taken with the 'Spring Landscape' month for the TP POTY comp, hence the inclusion of the blossom tree. In practice, I couldn't quite execute the shot I had in mind, and as its a no PP month, and this is PP'd I cannot use it. But yes, a re-shoot without the tree is probably in order.
And the second one - bugger - you are correct, it would make it more balanced. So that's a double re-shoot then!! ha.
Great crit mate, appreciate it.

Chris

A couple of decent images, well done...

Could you not manage a step to the right so the tree wasnt cutting the outline of the Hilton.

Last edited:
Decent set. With one I might have taken an additional image and made a feature of the reflections in the canal.

Twos a fine image a little abstract in style and processing suits it
Cheers for the feedback sorry not replied earlier don't know how I missed it!

Back