lytham and cleveleys

The second take is my pick, Peter!

Both very cool renditions though #1
needs keystone tweaking.

My personal opinion is that the windmill needs to be larger in the frame. However the Cleveleys photo is fantastic, and something that you should be proud of.

2nd ones a stunner, great timing and composition.

thanks for all your kind comments
I am really chuffed with the second one. I was there for a good half hour in the freezing cold but consider it well worth the wait
with the first one, it was the sky that prompted me to take this picture. its been so dank and miserable the sky really lit my day up

No2 for me too Peter.
The combination of timing, composition and colour pallete all together make it special.
The image didn't just present itself, you saw it and captured it very well.

The first is curious - and yes you do need to correct that convergence and tilt to some extent (it's not about a pedantic 'perfection', but just feeling 'settled').

The windmill looks toy-like! Is that what you spotted & wanted to portray? The buildings at left are quite a distraction and it would've been far better if they could've been out of focus, or if not then maybe the framing swung a bit to the right.

The second is masterful. You're not very consistent!

:(;):)Rog dead body on your Flickr pages is a bit of a clue to your outlook to Peter's clinical picture one

certainly out of the box collection of images on your pages

also many super images there as well...

imho

Mark - are you slightly drunk, or txtng with your thumb whilst driving (illegal!), or is the above message meant to test my skills as a sleuth?

There's a hint of Scandi-noir somewhere. 'Dead body'?

Or noir-Cymraeg (Hinterland).

Last edited:
The first is curious - and yes you do need to correct that convergence and tilt to some extent (it's not about a pedantic 'perfection', but just feeling 'settled').

The windmill looks toy-like! Is that what you spotted & wanted to portray? The buildings at left are quite a distraction and it would've been far better if they could've been out of focus, or if not then maybe the framing swung a bit to the right.

The second is masterful. You're not very consistent!

hi Droj

the image wasn't so much in my eye it was the sky behind the windmill is what did it for me
its been so miserable here in the northwest of England, the sky just lit my day up
thanks for your comments
the main aim of the day was to get the seascape which I did

Last edited:
Mark - are you slightly drunk, or txtng with your thumb whilst driving (illegal!), or is the above message meant to test my skills as a sleuth?

There's a hint of Scandi-noir somewhere. 'Dead body'?

Or noir-Cymraeg (Hinterland).

No. Don't drink.

Just spotted your corpse picture on your Flickr page.

Gruesome. But hey ho we all have our likes and dislikes. Not meant to be a critism.

Some nice pictures there

Mj

Ps. Your Flickr link seems to be down for some reason.

Last edited:
Nice shots Pete

I get up to Cleveleys about once a month I've never seen Marys shell lol.

Back