MacBook Pro 13" or 15"

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
It's time to update my trusty old MacBook that has served me well over the past 3 years, and I simply can't decide which I want - a 13" or 15" MacBook Pro.

It certainly sounds daft, but I just can't make up my mind. I use the thing mainly for writing, so the screen on the 13" is pretty much adequate. Performance wise, either will be much quicker than my basic Mac, and HDD wise is not too much of a problem as I back up reasonably often due to not wishing to lose any work for clients.

So, it really is just a straight economic and appearance choice really. I' kind of sold on the idea of the 13" as I am really used to it with my little Mac, but I am wondering if the 15" would be a nice step up - I'm sure those extra 2 inches would make all the difference. :eek: :D

As you can probably tell by this rambling old post, I really am unsure...

Oh and before the haters come out, forget I love my Mac - this boy's not for turning :LOL: :LOL:

I went for the base 13", I did consider the 15" but the price increase was just too much to justify for the Spec increase. I'd have liked the hi-res, anti-gloss screen on the 15" but I couldn't justify the massive increase in expense. I use mine mainly for work stuff, but it also get videos watched on it, and some minor video encoding.

I'm glad I got the 13" as it's about right for portability, any bigger and it wouldn't be portable enough. I've also just bought 8GB RAM to upgrade myself I refuse to pay the Apple Tax for upgrading.

I would go for the 13, its the perfect size (well for me) even if i could have afforded the 15, id find it a bit to big

The 13 allows it to be big enough to work on (not like some of these notebooks) but its also very portable, i wouldn't have a problem carrying this with me all the time, i think i might if i had a 15"

Jack

just make sure you go for the anti glare screen rather than the gloss, outside wireless surfing in the sun is too awesome to miss

I have the older 13" which has served me well for the last 2 & bit years, used mainly for writing whilst travelling (Just about to sell it as I have upgraded to a MacBook Air). The 15" is a lot more expensive & heavier.

I'd recommend the 13", have used one for many years now and find it the ideal size for portable work.

I might be tempted by 15" if I was mainly desk based but for me the 13" is just a nice balance of screen and size.

Thanks for the comments guys, I think I'm going to go with the general consensus of opinion and stick with a 13" screen.

I've been thinking more tonite going with a 13" MBP and adding a Time Capsule for wireless back up.

I have a 2011 13" MBP and love it, however the screen resolution is not best, if you are doing any photo editing I would think against the 13" but for me its perfect, can handle a bit of light gaming, excellent battery life

Anyone purchased from the Refurb side of Apple?

I'm thinking I might go that route, good saving to be had, just wondering if anyone had any positive or negative experiences of it.

Back