Machine gun post

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is a shot I took last week at Drigg beach due to the weather at Wasdale not playing.
It is a WW2 machine gun post.

What do you think?

Thanks for the comment Michael. There is no movement in the clouds it was shot 1/160th sec and the highlights are not blow according to level layer histogram in PS though maybe a bit darkening in those bright areas of the sky would help.

I am bit of a pillbox fancier, interesting little structure and thanks for sharing. B & W conversion works well, but overall its a bit too central and posed for me, bright white sky through the slit also doesn't help either.

Can see from the sky how poor the light was and reckon you have done well to rescue anything from the day. Had similar conditions myself last week when I went for a camera laden walk, just gave up in the end and went home for a cuppa

the highlights are not blow according to level layer histogram in PS though maybe a bit darkening in those bright areas of the sky would help.
The highlights don't look blown at all.
I agree that the pillbox isn't quite interesting enough to carry off the central composition, and more sky would improve the shot.

Works well, nice gloomy sky to suit the subject. I would try to get some more luminosity into it, maybe darken the very bottom and lower sides subtly. The central compo isn't the best, and I think I would have pulled back to give the subject a bit more breathing space, but there is something here for sure.

Thanks all I wish I could have been slightly further back and lower.

Back