macro lens

Edit My Images
Yes
im looking to get a macro lens...and i found one on ebay for really cheap but i have a few questions...

okay there are actually two and i wanted to know which is better...

NIkon AF105mm f/2.8 micro/macro nikkor lens

OR

Nikon AF 80-200mm f/2.8 ED NIkkor macro zoom

whcihc one is better????? and why??

also...both will work wiht my cmarea right?? i have the Nikon D70s...i just wanted to make sure...cuase i had issues with my mem card when i first got this camera...

thanks so mcuh ^_^

The 105mm is a true macro lens and will be far superior optically wise to the zoom, it is also an ideal focal length for macro work as well as being lighter and easier to manage. If I were you I would go for the 105mm.

If your going to buy a macro lens, make sure its a prime.

Take a look at the Tamron 90mm SP Di lens.
It comes top in a lot of reviews which include the Nikon and Canon variants.

Image quility on the Tamron is superb.

If it's a macro lens you want, then you're better off going for a dedicated macro lens rather than a general zoom with 'macro feature'. The dedicated macro lenses tend to give better quality pictures and will let you get in close to your subject.

I agree with the guys if it's serious macro work you're interested in go for the 105mm Macro.

Zoom lenses with a 'macro' setting aren't really macro lenses at all, and I'm amazed the manufactureres have never been challenged on the use of the word. It's very misleading for the newcomer. All these lenses do is enable you to focus closer than you normally would be able to without the 'Macro' setting, but nowhere near as close as a true macro lens. To be honest though, it's a useful feature to have in a 'walkabout' zoom lens

A true macro lens records images 1:1 (life size) or greater, on the film or sensor, so the potential for enlargement is enormous. If it's bees knees and caterpillars dangly bits you're into, then go for the 105 Macro. ;)

Have to agree with CT about misleading/confusion, I purchased a "Tamron 55-200mm DI II LD Macro" I love the lens but haven't got a clue what makes it Macro.

Back