Macro Photography

Edit My Images
No
Have you seen the price of these macro lenses?! I think people should buy big spiders and take photos with their kit lens. Or if they want a fly just buy one of those big mosquitos that you get in hot hell holes like Marrakesh or somewhere.. It's a simple solution to saving money and getting the shots you want!

:D

However having a good macro lens is something that can be used for general shooting as well. I am lucky enough to have a Sigma 150mm 2.8 which is very good for both macro and general use and is my favourite lens.

Sunflowers, they're big, no need for a macro lens with those fellas.

Andy

Agree they are expensive but I love my macro lenses. I've got a tamron 90mm and nikon 200mm and both are so good to work with.

It helps that i'm really into macro though :)

I bought my Sigma 105 macro second hand, it was in mint condition and nearly half the price of a new one. It's great!

3934457038_05ca97196c.jpg

I'm currently saving my pennies for a Tamron 90mm. :)

I bought my Sigma 105 macro second hand, it was in mint condition and nearly half the price of a new one. It's great!

3934457038_05ca97196c.jpg

Im wishing i hadnt looked at this thread now...IM BLOODY TERRIFIED OF SPIDERS!!! lol D'OH! :help:

You want an MP-E 65 really :love:

Im wishing i hadnt looked at this thread now...IM BLOODY TERRIFIED OF SPIDERS!!! lol D'OH! :help:

damn good non tube shot...:nuts:

i can see the value of interchangeables now

ps the spider population are on the increase...just in case it meant something

ps the spider population are on the increase...just in case it meant something

It means i should probably 'man up' :LOL:

do you know david penprase ;)

never met him but i bought his book 'Passion, Pleasure and Pain' after seeing one of his pics in a gallery in Porthleven :)

tubes are cheap

tube talk

Not that cheap really. I'd love to throw in a couple just in case I'm out without 100mm or I want to go beyond 1:1. I can't really justify around £100 for a set when my Macro cost me around £350 a couple years back.

Tubes are only really good with Macro lenses, L primes and maybe 70-200mm f/2.8L from the Canon range. 200mm f/2.8 which I sadly sold would make the best use of it. My 70-200mm f/4L would be OK, but best at around 160mm. 24-70mm is best for other use. I wouldn't even consider tubes on kit lens.

Tubes are only really good with Macro lenses...I wouldn't even consider tubes on kit lens.

I took this with an extension tube fitted to my 55-200 Sony zoom lens:

http://www.eyefetch.com/image.aspx?ID=1192467

Tubes aren#t all that bad. I got mine for £66. But in an ideal world, I would prefer a dedicated Macro lens, but they are soo ****ing expensive, its a flipping joke.

my tubes were joe blogs..they fitted nikon...they were cheap...air is cheap..no glass
i cant say they were rocket science quality but worked
and as you say and i agree about prime lenses...that is all i had

but the last poster seems to have gotten good results

to get to the chase though...i would rather have the macro built into the lens and so not have to piddle about with tubes and lose metering...etc
that is probably why yours cost more...do they couple electrically
mine had a little bar which turned the AIS piece on the body

Back