Making an entrance

Name
Stuart McGlennon
Edit My Images
No
Hi folks, not been on in a while - very busy with a new business venture which has meant I'll be looking at going down the photography route full time running a gallery. This image came in the nick of time as the shop will be in keswick, it's not the sort of shot that I normally look for however should hopefully prove popular with tourists. Was a lovely morning to just stand and watch more than anything else.

Making An Entrance by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

WexMondays winner IIRC also? [emoji6][emoji1360]

Fabulous shot. The detail is fantastic and exposure spot on. Couldn't have asked for better reflections either.

WOW!! nothing more to add.
Cheers

WexMondays winner IIRC also? [emoji6][emoji1360]

Fabulous shot. The detail is fantastic and exposure spot on. Couldn't have asked for better reflections either.
Thanks Ian yeah proved very popular on there, funny how some images seem to catch attention and others nothing at all. I've definitely entered more compelling images to that comp but then I guess this is more appealing on a broader level.

Conditions were great, really relaxing. I think next time I'd like to get above the inversion

As it's in the critique arena here goes,

Nothing, simply nothing I can add will improve that shot.
And I dont even like Landscapes (generally), well, not mine anyway.
Superb.

Would you mind if I downloaded it? I wont use it for any purpose other than personal pleasure or re-post etc.
Matt

Last edited:
Lovely shot Stuart as I said on Flickr
Good luck with the business mate.

ditto, just - WOW

As it's in the critique arena here goes,

Nothing, simply nothing I can add will improve that shot.
And I dont even like Landscapes (generally), well, not mine anyway.
Superb.

Would you mind if I downloaded it? I wont use it for any purpose other than personal pleasure or re-post etc.
Matt

That is simply superb!

I have no words.......WOW

Beautiful Work - 'nuff said :)

Lovely shot Stuart as I said on Flickr
Good luck with the business mate.

Lovely image. Good luck with the business.

Cheers folks much appreciated. @alfbranch do pop in mate when it's up and running, just next to George Fishers

Flickr account isn't bad either.

“Stunning” shot Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

Quite possibly the best reflection shot I've seen on here, superb Stu!
Second that, by a country mile.
Good luck with the gallery Stuart. Will you only be selling your own work or mixing it up with other photographers?

Cheers Scott - will be a bit of a mix, predominantly my own as I've got to make a living, but a reasonable share of other work to keep it interesting, probably 70/30
Excellent. A couple of gallery owners up here tell me original paintings always do well, something to consider.

"it's not the sort of shot that I normally look for" :eek::eek: why not ;) a stunner of a photograph and a seller for sure

Excellent. A couple of gallery owners up here tell me original paintings always do well, something to consider.
Yeah there's a lot to take in, much of it will be adapting as I go. The current owner sells a couple of pieces of art which seem to go over quite well. It's quite a small shop though so anything like that would really have to grab me

"it's not the sort of shot that I normally look for" :eek::eek: why not ;) a stunner of a photograph and a seller for sure
Cheers - to answer your question it's quite simple in that I'm more motivated to 'find' and explore a compostion. Without wanting to sound funny this image (whilst absolutely stunning conditions) requires little thought or effort on my part and the work is being done entirely by the conditions on the morning. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed watching it unfold, but I don't take a massive satisfaction photographically from it, more that it was just a lovely morning to be outside (if that makes sense?) and enjoyed that side of it more.

Cheers - to answer your question it's quite simple in that I'm more motivated to 'find' and explore a compostion. Without wanting to sound funny this image (whilst absolutely stunning conditions) requires little thought or effort on my part and the work is being done entirely by the conditions on the morning. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed watching it unfold, but I don't take a massive satisfaction photographically from it, more that it was just a lovely morning to be outside (if that makes sense?) and enjoyed that side of it more.

fully understand where you are coming from :)

I think it had all been said above ~ more words of its beauty are not required :)

PS best of luck and more power to your elbow with your new Gallery venture, may it be the success you & it deserve :woot::jaffa:

When is the new gallery opening please Stuart, I am coming down to the lakes (staying at the Lowther holiday park) 18th May for a week and would love to come and see the Gallery. we are planning to go to Keswick on the Saturday as "tother arf" wants to see the market which I am led to believe is on a Saturday?

cheers.

I think it had all been said above ~ more words of its beauty are not required :)

PS best of luck and more power to your elbow with your new Gallery venture, may it be the success you & it deserve :woot::jaffa:
Thanks very much yeah exciting times, I guess you'll never know unless you take a leap sometimes!

When is the new gallery opening please Stuart, I am coming down to the lakes (staying at the Lowther holiday park) 18th May for a week and would love to come and see the Gallery. we are planning to go to Keswick on the Saturday as "tother arf" wants to see the market which I am led to believe is on a Saturday?

cheers.
Thanks Mick - plan is to be open for 5th May (sat) as it's bank holiday so hopefully will be able to exploit the extra footfall - definitely be open when you're up so yeah come and say hi :)

Beautiful. Get it printed large for the gallery and good luck with the business.
Thanks mate much appreciated

Much more interesting (IMO) than a perfect reflection (which, again IMO, can look like they've been added in PP). I'm sure it'll earn you the hourly rate for the time you took watching the scene expose itself to you (and, if it pays, who really cares too much how little "thought and effort" went into it?).

Stunning all round. I love the oranges and greens against the calm blues and mist. Beautiful.
Thanks very much

Much more interesting (IMO) than a perfect reflection (which, again IMO, can look like they've been added in PP). I'm sure it'll earn you the hourly rate for the time you took watching the scene expose itself to you (and, if it pays, who really cares too much how little "thought and effort" went into it?).
Absolutely - if it sells I don't really care now! Like most folk doing it full time they'll be a time for my 'own photography' and a time for stuff like this with a view to sales.

It’s wonderful and I’m sure it’ll be a very commercial picture. Best of luck with your venture.

Simply superb.
Balance, composition and exposure are spot on.
Good luck with the venture, get this in the window.
Quality like this will hopefully be well rewarded.

Back