Male & Female Painted Buntings

Name
Nick / Sectionate
Edit My Images
No
So, my current photography kit lacks a dent long lens, which makes bird photography a little difficult. However, the D7000 does feature a timer function, so thinking a little outside the box, I set the camera up on the Tripod and pointed it at the Bird Feeder and headed off down the beach and left the camera to it.

My aim, to manage to capture the Painted Buntings that were scrabbling about the garden of my Girlfriends parents back garden in the Bahamas.

Last edited:
Do they have a perch where they observe the feeder before coming in to feed? You might be better trying to capture them there, as they will probably not be moving around the feeder, and the setting might be more natural. Just a thought.

Do they have a perch where they observe the feeder before coming in to feed? You might be better trying to capture them there, as they will probably not be moving around the feeder, and the setting might be more natural. Just a thought.

I have about 20 photos of it hanging about on a branch just behind the feeder, the problem was, I had set the camera up on a timer to take a photo every second whilst I went down the beach :LOL:

Back