Mallow

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
We were meant to have a holiday first day off went down with covid which kicked the livin C out of us both , We are closing on mended but weird stuff still happening. anyways at the back end of me break got a few days sort of hare piccy making and sleeping in back of camper .

when we first turned up at hare spot we did campy duties pop the top set stuff up and finally I step out of van.to be met by 3 hares 2 adults and the below ruffian ............Shaz calls it Mallow cuase it's pink an' fluffy like a marsh :LOL: ;):headbang:

so I now scare off adults getting camera out of tailgate and bag but Mallow stays and that's where it starts

This is an image from late in that first day I could only snag 4 days of putting the hours in Mallow is the most confiding hare .(leveret) I have ever met litle one has spent hours and hours with me. Comes too close for me to focus, not just once over and over. Wish I could dig at this really grind the hours, so so much being learnt:cool:

who knew that a baby hare, I'm guessing around 8/12 weeks boxes with another kidlet around the same age we watched that 2 days back.

This is Mallow grooming i'm fightiing with the light a bit and after a day of crawling around with me smoky new tripod and flexi shooter head am back hand holding basically cause I'm spent.piteful really:(

So ,e techs are a bit wayward 560mm 1/500 f7.1 ISO 6400.............I'm trying to keep as much DOF as possible as there is another hare .much bigger present.and there are interactions I nkow I can push ISO further . but hey as always exploring

anyways enough waffle a Mallow ta for looking crit welcome

bye

stu

_S2I7342 Mallow grooming Smj Tdn by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Lovely Stu.

Hope you're both feeling better.

We were meant to have a holiday first day off went down with covid which kicked the livin C out of us both ,
That's terrible Stu :( but I'm glad you are both on the mend :)

Cute image (y)

Best wishes for recovery — don’t overdo it, I fancy getting back to full activity too soon was said to be a problem.

Unusual & attractive shot. If the wee beastie is so ’confiding‘ it doesn’t augur well for its future :(.

Hope you're both okay, Stu
A beautiful and totally natural image, but I hope little Mallow listens to mum and dad when they say be afraid of everything. But kids will be kids. Did we listen to our parents when we were little - no!
Or maybe you just wear a hare suit...... Something you're not telling us...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

One of the best Hare Nipper pics I have seen to date . Sorry to hear of both your ill health , glad your on the mend , and hope we see more from your few days out wit the Hares .

Great capture Stu you have some cracking detail on the hare and colour throughout the image.
Hope you and Shaz are on the mend now. Looks like Covid is doing the rounds again myself and the wife are just getting over it and I have unfortunatley managed to pass it onto two work colleagues.
Keep the amazing images coming they are a good pick me up (y)
Paul.

Lovely Stu.

Hope you're both feeling better.
thanks buddy We are def mending bro but it's harsh and wouldn't wish it on anyone

Cute little beast, lovely image (y)

Hope your both getting over it!
Gav I'm gonna write a fanks all for the wishes at the end concentrate on hare stuff for a mo.:)

These were actually 2 things I learnt over these few days of bliss LMAO def cheating bro (y) :headbang::LOL: ) First is that kids start boxing so early .........I'm loosing track bud but maybe I'm six years in now and never seen kidlets boxing. The other well I have seen adults boxing as late as Aug and sure I have seen leverets that must have been born VERY out of season, But we actually saw mating on our last visit.very ( 25th Aug I think?) distant no images sadly,tis part of their life cycle I've long wanted to catch. But just seeing mating at the end of this month was quite sommit for us.

anyways Mate thought both you and Mark would be interested.

it don't matter how much ya do or for how long
every day is a school day :cool:

That's terrible Stu :( but I'm glad you are both on the mend :)

Cute image (y)
Didn't want to post a good un Chris it might make a fellow member feel bad:runaway::ROFLMAO:

Ahh man I'm just so NICE:LOL:
Best wishes for recovery — don’t overdo it, I fancy getting back to full activity too soon was said to be a problem.

Unusual & attractive shot. If the wee beastie is so ’confiding‘ it doesn’t augur well for its future :(.
Rich this one is interesting, I don't have answers for ya buddy but observations . So I'm lying there witth baby hare and a buzz is calling and comes into view low from the right and slowly works its way down the maize. There was time here Rich time enough to ponder do I be a freaking hare nut and protect ababy hare in some way,simply scare it off....do I be a wildlife tog dispassionate and make what might be some once in a life time frames of buzz taking hare ( My baby hare:() all this stuff was runniing in my head I did stare at buzz but did nowt else, I'm not waring my usual face covering here. Whether I influenced things I'll never know

Baby hare was on instant alert VERY VERY aware, it's whole demeanor changed with the BOP present... incidentally............my keeper mate told us buzz is playing merry hell right now with leverets.

So nowt happened buzz soared on kidlet relaxed.but why be ok with me( substitute anyone there I ain't special) and show all the right signs with buzz.little one was say 5 yards from maize as cover at said time? I just don't know Does not bode well with coarsers though:(

Also.at one stage I had maybe 7-10 hares in front of me......I don't know why but it was liike an alarm call went off.........I didn't see or hear a trigger Rich but the lot cleared to cover in a snapshot.

So no answers only questions, I move very slow I am lucky enough to spend time with adults and silly kidlets by time that can roll into maybe a couple of hours , very close,

so stuff that I do is in some way not preceived as a threat to them, but really all that is is low and slow.ya can't do this with a rabbit I know not why?? So my behaviour allows images the method done right don't scare 'em but a BOP changes everything. So many fine lines to debate with one's self

I want, really REALLY want to make the best images I can of hares mate, but have always tried to walk a line never really be seen as a humanoid form so I don't impact their need for flight instinct but this individual is subtley different

So so many questions mainly about how to be a wildlife tog get images not impact subject and take that as far as poss work the angles, but also that awaeness of the learning curve one goes through

soz for the waffle

Nailed that one Stu - a real beauty. Great pose, perfect framing and as well processed as I've ever seen from you

Mike
thanks Mike. Hmmm really thanks ( your work buddy thank you!!.............still fighting the fight re processing......have a base simple method do WB NR and some colour work mainly pulling back greens and blues in DPP then PS topaz NR which I almost always mess with curve colour layer cuvre again on light and levels I must declare pulling out a blade of grass which bothered me

Mike the frame to me works cause of BKG/FG whole shebang is about that .......... shame I only got one chance here too many tractors moving duriing harvest 2 hares present here might show more have alot to dig through

One of the best Hare Nipper pics I have seen to date . Sorry to hear of both your ill health , glad your on the mend , and hope we see more from your few days out wit the Hares .
ARE You OK Mark?

....ahh mate to share this one with you OMG you would love this.see post to Gav above buddy , there is stuff there I would like you to read.Twas written for both of you

Great capture Stu you have some cracking detail on the hare and colour throughout the image.
Hope you and Shaz are on the mend now. Looks like Covid is doing the rounds again myself and the wife are just getting over it and I have unfortunatley managed to pass it onto two work colleagues.
Keep the amazing images coming they are a good pick me up (y)
Paul.
Paul, been watching your images looking at your flickr............., humbled bro your work is really cool ta for the kindness.

Mate the joy of it, the sheer joy of that little sod when one has just had seven bails kicked out. First day of hols and bosh proer poorly......... to have those few days with Mallow, hard to pop in words, what that meant

you and your good lady mend well. Lol we went back into lockdown once we saw our test but who knows who we infected before that ? Horrible

Fantastic shot, thanks for sharing, and I hope your both better soon.
Thank you

Great work Stu..........keep taking the tablets!
Thankyou...............now do you mean the insanity tabs :ROFLMAO:

Guys can I go off topic here and say thanks not for the ickle hare pic....see my darliin of 40 sommit years is classified as terribly vunerable to C19......her meds wipe out her immune system ,so when I saw those results you know where my head went I've so tried to protect her from this for so so so long

We are ok she is OK................. thank you all so much for your kind words

love ya'll

stu

Hope you're both okay, Stu
A beautiful and totally natural image, but I hope little Mallow listens to mum and dad when they say be afraid of everything. But kids will be kids. Did we listen to our parents when we were little - no!
Or maybe you just wear a hare suit...... Something you're not telling us...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Janny sorry mate I always miss somebody out bless ya for the words and the giggle :cool: ....there is A LOT I don't tell ya about Jan we best not mention pockets full of grated home grown carrots , had we, or everyone might have a baby hare friend. I strongly suspect me dressed as a GIANT hare would scare the livin' C out of everything an anyways enough folks already take the mick out of my dress sense,

We really should not dwell here.ya know I'm going to run with this:runaway::LOL:

Ahh Jan the sheer joy of that little ruffian made our break.............kinda nice for me confidence I actually made images with a bare lens at 400MM for once even tried the extension tube ,but missed an interaction I'd have bagged.

The worst of it was when Mallow came and sat must have been bang on MFD , a turn of the head away from me an i had focus but the blurred face on image FF I so desired with those massive ears.............. no focus

guess that one is for me;)

Jan again soz........so many likes so many replies, so much kindness..............folks are busy I expect nowt.so when someone replies I try to say fanks proper, like I would in the real world.

but I'm me an don't always measure up

you#ll note how I weaved around parental advice......OMG if only they knew:ROFLMAO:

Mate, this is a cracking image for sure.
An dammit, im a guy...so i dont say the word cute very often, but its a cute image.

Hope you an yours are getting through the Covid...................my taste buds still aint the same (since i got the Virus)...1st, everything tasted of salt (3 months of that)...now, it aint so bad, everthing taste kinda sweet..........better than salt though!! but thats my taste buds gone now...18 months on, an the weird taste is still there.

Mate, this is a cracking image for sure.
An dammit, im a guy...so i dont say the word cute very often, but its a cute image.

Hope you an yours are getting through the Covid...................my taste buds still aint the same (since i got the Virus)...1st, everything tasted of salt (3 months of that)...now, it aint so bad, everthing taste kinda sweet..........better than salt though!! but thats my taste buds gone now...18 months on, an the weird taste is still there.
Ta Paul having a ball right now trying to clock the hours inbefore the shoot starts and with it another hare season of image making stops. Just finished talking through todays frames, ha didn't get much of a mallow did work a big hare though.

We are all genetically different, i'm so so grateful to still have my lady I'd take a lot of fallout for that. H

My blummiin left ear has gone south feels like it's full of water lol TBF left side of head is a bit off kilter but Ii'm only days in fallout wise.

Honestly don't feel too bad you make images of vipers...i do soft 'n' fluffy :LOL:

Wow thats a great shot.
Don't know how you did that when I had covid I don't think I could have held the camara up, let alone focus frame etc. DOF is just right. Can see I have some living upto here.

Wow thats a great shot.
Don't know how you did that when I had covid I don't think I could have held the camara up, let alone focus frame etc. DOF is just right. Can see I have some living upto here.
Noel first up warmest of welcomes 2nd you make hare pics too? if so COOL........3rd Ta muchly on the words.we try our best..........lol probably had our last go for the year yesterday We inhabit a game shoot .so our fab little hare place will be out of bounds very soon sadly.

No buddy this was maybe a week after testing negative and TBH I used our little campervan as a base to work from. . We know our patch so park up in a prime spot and then maybe I only strayed a 100yards from said base. Haviing said that I almost always shoot lying down Noel ( I love the POV down there) and spend a lot of time on the deck. did an hour with one hare yesterday.so physically it's pretty demanding..........lol but when nowt is happening I just go to bed....WIMP:LOL: !! I work in construction so am reasonably fit, but no mate during that ruddy virus I could do nowt

Mark and Gav would also love you to share some pics of what you do buddy.......no pressure :D

Thanks for the words !!

stu

Back