Manchester Airport @ Night

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple from a night visit.. Not much activity around the aircraft so no light trails that I was looking for.. Will try again in a few months when it gets darker earlier..
C&C please regards camera settings for night shots, WB metering etc..
Cheers

01-59.jpg

02-54.jpg

Nice shots, really good quality, can i ask where you were when you shot these ?

Kirk

Love the first one Neil, the sparkle of the lights really hits you and the colours look spot on (y)

WB is always tricky with night shots but if you shoot in RAW then at least you can play around in your editor. The second shot looks a tad yellow to me but then its difficult to say what it was like without being there. I'd go into the Hue and Saturation option and reduce the yellow channel by around 15, see what effect that has.

Mark:)

the lights always make things look over yellow, but it does naturally look like that at night.

i had a play in camera raw and pushed the WB to look more as you would expect rather than what it may have actually looked like.

man1.jpg

Is there any trouble at the airport photographing planes? With all of these MET guidelines and 'suspicion' on togs now does it cause any hassle?

Brilliant shots,love #1,would love to give that a try but i dont think i would get near them at edinburgh airport.:shrug:

Hi Neil,

I had a quick play with both shots (sure hope you don't mind mate).

The first one I cropped a tad and cloned the one pole out in the BG plus altered the curves here and there.

Neil1.jpg

The next one I tried it with just the yellow channel but found it needed a little something else. Monkeys edit looks great but a little cold for my taste.

Neil2.jpg

See you soon,

Mark

Hi Neil.

Very nice mate, not a subject I'd ever given much thought but has produced a couple of great pictures, love the taxi shot and starburst lights :clap:.

If Mark, the PP guru, has any good tips you know where to send them (y).

See you later, lookin forward to the Reds...

just bumping to page 1 to compare with other night shots

Number one for me, the lights from the plane and runway are very interesting, though its a lot better with the light of the truck in the background dimmed

Can you please remove the stupid watermarks? I want the photos without them

Just a couple from a night visit.. Not much activity around the aircraft so no light trails that I was looking for.. Will try again in a few months when it gets darker earlier..
C&C please regards camera settings for night shots, WB metering etc..
Cheers

01-59.jpg

02-54.jpg
Remove the gay "photobucket" watermarks

Last edited:
He’s probably annoyed cause it’s too much hassle removing them in Ps

Can you please remove the stupid watermarks? I want the photos without them
Think you're out of luck pal, original poster hasn't been active on this forum for over five years now. Not to mention the dubious manner of your request.

This becoming quite a popular “rethread” (“retread” ;) ) .

best of it is, that watermark is the one that Photobucket began applying to all photo's hosted on a free account with them around June 2017...

so for the first 8 years of this thread, there wasn't a watermark on them, and the OP didn't apply one.

Back