Manchester Chinatown back street

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I was in Manchester for the weekend to see my daughter and only took my Olympus XZ-1 and a couple of Olympus film cameras. We were walking from where we were staying to meet with others when I passed this and thought it may work. Taken with the XZ-1 handheld what do you think of it.
Shot processed from RAW.

China town backstreet
by alf.branch, on Flickr

Not keen on the bags of rubbish everywhere but I can sort of see where you were going with this shot

I do like the shot,as long as someone was watching my back whilst taking the shot these days.(y)

Love the concept Alf, and dont mind the rubbish and cans, thats how it is down there. True to life.
I think it could just do with a little lift on the shadows, and would like to see a mono version too.
True Grot. (y)

Not keen on the bags of rubbish everywhere but I can sort of see where you were going with this shot

Ok Nick I see what you are saying.

Not sure what was trying to achieve here personally.

I wouldn't have liked to hang around there long though

I was on the main road looking down a side street but maybe you do see what the feel is just not realising it.

I like it, there is an air of expectancy about it.

PAUL
What you expecting more rubbish or meat cleaver being waved?

I do like the shot,as long as someone was watching my back whilst taking the shot these days.(y)

James
I really was stood on a main road but it did had a feel to the alley

Love the concept Alf, and dont mind the rubbish and cans, thats how it is down there. True to life.
I think it could just do with a little lift on the shadows, and would like to see a mono version too.
True Grot. (y)

Thanks Barry
I lifted the shaddows 100% in ACR but maybe could do more in PS.
Now B&W may work though.

Now that I like very much indeed! It did lift it, immeasurably.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

oh wow chalk and cheese b+w is cool (y) even better bigger didn't see the van at the end of the alley til i saw it on flickr.

Last edited:
Not a lot of China in that shot, just another lane with not a lot of interest that I can see, sorry.

Not a lot of China in that shot, just another lane with not a lot of interest that I can see, sorry.

Well you wouldnt expect to see much of chinatown in a back street!
Still like it.

Thanks all for the comments

Thanks Guys glad you like it
I am glad I did a mono conversion too

Back