Manchester using ND Filter for Motion Blur

Wheels

Julian Keeler
Name
Julian
Edit My Images
No
This is the first time Ive attempted this out of 60 or so images this I liked the best.

untitled-28_zps2d78c9aa.jpg

My honest opinion is that it's a pretty poor shot. Interesting idea, but let down by the execution. The image has an off-putting slant to the right. It has a huge grey smear on it. It doesn't look particularly sharp and the colours are very washed-out.

The effect is nice but the final result needs more work I think. You can do a lot with this image in pp.

I took the liberty of very quick edit in LR, but you could work on it a lot more:

Very nice. I like it... Although there appears to be a dark curve/line (top right corner)...

Very nicely done though.

Only 60 shots...? ;)

I think I like it because of the composition. Congrats!

I think dark curve is the ND filter, yeah only 60 shots as I didnt have much time there (y)

My honest opinion is that it's a pretty poor shot. Interesting idea, but let down by the execution. The image has an off-putting slant to the right. It has a huge grey smear on it. It doesn't look particularly sharp and the colours are very washed-out.

Thanks Ricardo, I will try and get to grips with this variable ND filter and give it some practise.

The effect is nice but the final result needs more work I think. You can do a lot with this image in pp.

I took the liberty of very quick edit in LR, but you could work on it a lot more:

Thanks Duncan I shall give it some more time today.

Nice idea.
Are you using a variable ND filter as I have one and when set to a strong effect it has this kind of effect on the colours especially the gray bit in the sky.

Really cool image! Like the effect created. keep up the good work buddy :) all the best

Back