Wild Mandarin Duck flight

My favourite duck - must go and visit my locals one sunny afternoon soon!

Nice pose, good colours, so well processed. Very easy to overdo things when the colours are this dramatic. Perfect head and flight angle. Just wondering if you held the shutter down for a burst and got any shots after he completely passed the tree in the background

Mike

My favourite duck - must go and visit my locals one sunny afternoon soon!

Nice pose, good colours, so well processed. Very easy to overdo things when the colours are this dramatic. Perfect head and flight angle. Just wondering if you held the shutter down for a burst and got any shots after he completely passed the tree in the background

Mike
Thank you, Mike, really apperciate it, I only took two frames as there were trees to the left and right, I'll admit to having to clone out a few twigs in the middle of the left of frame on this one.
This was the first time I've seen one in fight :LOL:

Thank you, Mike, really apperciate it, I only took two frames as there were trees to the left and right, I'll admit to having to clone out a few twigs in the middle of the left of frame on this one.
This was the first time I've seen one in fight :LOL:
Fair enough! Mine only tend to fly under thick tree cover, not got a decent flight shot of them despite having a large group nearby

Very nice wildlife style capture Gav, with a lovely oof background and some fine detail.

Back