Manfrotto 7322YB Tripod, Anyone used it?

Name
Dat Le
Edit My Images
Yes
Looks pretty decent to me though, esp with ~ £55, you get a tripod & a ball head that weight only 1.1kg and can hold up to 2kg (My D90 only weights around 1300-1500g, with a lens attached. Well, of course you won't want this with a heavy D3 or D700+ grip + 24-70 etc though..)
Also, you get a decent Manfrotto bag.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001TK3EK8/watersphotogr-21/ref=nosim

[YOUTUBE]eOJK8q5J2Vc[/YOUTUBE]

So, anyone used it before, I really need your comments :wave:

If you camera / lens is fairly well balanced I can't see a big problem with that setup

Although if you plan on doing any longer exposures or small camera adjustments then I would be suprised if it didn't frustrate you after a while.

A long time ago I had the lightweight frotto ball head for my 20D & lens - at the time I was using a canon 10-22mm. The head was rated for nearly double the eight of my gear but because of the balance I found it hard to frame anything. The issue was after locking it off there would be a small sag as the head 'settled'. The ball was very small (Much like the one on the tripod you posted) and the weight of the lens on the front of the camera caused the sag. Using my 70-300mm was out of the question for that reason.

I replaced that head with one of the larger frotto ball heads and the bigger ball made for a much more stable platform.

think how front heavy your setup is (fro the tripod socket) and make a decision then. I've learned with tripods that buy cheap usually means buy twice.

I've got the 190 with a 410 geared head. Great head but always wished I'd gone for a more substantial set of legs. I found that outdoors bigger is better.
Mind you, having to lug heavy gear around isn't much fun. How we suffer for our art...

Looks pretty decent to me though, esp with ~ £55, you get a tripod & a ball head that weight only 1.1kg and can hold up to 2kg (My D90 only weights around 1300-1500g, with a lens attached. Well, of course you won't want this with a heavy D3 or D700+ grip + 24-70 etc though..)
Also, you get a decent Manfrotto bag.

So, anyone used it before, I really need your comments :wave:

I have the 7322-CY-BB, the carbon fibre version of that one.
Another Best Buy Special.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MANFROTTO-7...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281687607&sr=1-1

It is very light and easy to carry, it came with a decent bag too. (I also have the "055CXPRO4 Carbon Fibre 4 Section Lightweight Tripod" with a heavy duty grip head, but I prefer the 7322 in a lot of cases because it is much smaller, lighter and easier to carry).

The ball head is small and not removable as far as I can tell. It's more than adequate for a non-gripped body with up to 70mm lenses.

What is the different between the two?
One is 2.5 price of the other :|

Back