Mans Red Fire.

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Not very creative I'm afraid.
I have just taken down my old shed and decided to burn it. Whilst siting watching it just couldnt resist trying to photogragh the little crackles dancing off into the air.

Unfortunatly I couldn't come up with anything clever in the way of a composition.

Gaz

Mans_red_Fire.jpg

Last edited:
Love the blend of reds and orange flames,composition looks good to me,well done

great shot (y)

I've always had a real liking for photos of any light taken at night with long( or longer exposures) even before I'd ever thought about buying a dslr camera.

Last time I mentioned photos sooc I got :LOL: at......but I'm thick skinned so......is this sooc or photoshopped?

Either way, to me, its still a cracking shot, am just curious :)

I have alot to learn, (tbh, I know very little :LOL:) but this style of photography really appeals :cool:

One day for me .......domes :LOL:

great shot (y)

I've always had a real liking for photos of any light taken at night with long( or longer exposures) even before I'd ever thought about buying a dslr camera.

Last time I mentioned photos sooc I got :LOL: at......but I'm thick skinned so......is this sooc or photoshopped?

Either way, to me, its still a cracking shot, am just curious :)

I have alot to learn, (tbh, I know very little :LOL:) but this style of photography really appeals :cool:

One day for me .......domes :LOL:
Hello there. I take my images in raw.So it is my understanding that you have to proccess them as nothing as been done to them at all in camera. eg: if they were taken as jpeg they would allready have been boosted with sharpness vibrancy/contrast and so forth. I'm not preaching at all as like you this is just what I have read and picked up.
So I now assume all photos you see upon image websites are processed to some degree.
That said this image was processed in Canons own raw software dpp. Then over to photoshop for a curves boost and a touch of vibrancy and sharpnes.
Hope thats helps you a bit.

Gaz

Great spark trails well spotted.

Thanks for commenting.

Gaz

Another fan of the colours here (y)
I also love the way that the glow is extending away from the drum and highlighting the textures of the leaves on the ground.

It's lacking a little in composition for me though. As it stands, it's just a (albeit very nice) picture of a fire in the centre of the frame.
Were there any better angles available? Maybe something that would eliminate the bit of bright blue sky top right of the frame, which I'm finding is catching my eye and lessening the impact of the fire.

It would be nice if you could have got another point of interest into the image too. Maybe a person partially silhouetted warming their hands on the fire (if you have a tripod you could have used the timer setting and stood in frame yourself)

Definitely has a lot going for it, but I'd just like to see a bit more "oomph" to take it to the next level from "nice" to "wow".

Hello there. I take my images in raw.So it is my understanding that you have to proccess them as nothing as been done to them at all in camera. eg: if they were taken as jpeg they would allready have been boosted with sharpness vibrancy/contrast and so forth. I'm not preaching at all as like you this is just what I have read and picked up.
So I now assume all photos you see upon image websites are processed to some degree.
That said this image was processed in Canons own raw software dpp. Then over to photoshop for a curves boost and a touch of vibrancy and sharpnes.
Hope thats helps you a bit.

Gaz

Hiya Gaz, thanks for the informative reply (y)

I've taken all my photos in Jpeg so far, but do think, after reading your post, its about time I started shooting raw and trying to enhance them through the Nikon imaging editor that came with the camera. Probably not the best, but it'd be a start. (y)

Another fan of the colours here (y)
I also love the way that the glow is extending away from the drum and highlighting the textures of the leaves on the ground.

It's lacking a little in composition for me though. As it stands, it's just a (albeit very nice) picture of a fire in the centre of the frame.
Were there any better angles available? Maybe something that would eliminate the bit of bright blue sky top right of the frame, which I'm finding is catching my eye and lessening the impact of the fire.

It would be nice if you could have got another point of interest into the image too. Maybe a person partially silhouetted warming their hands on the fire (if you have a tripod you could have used the timer setting and stood in frame yourself)
Definitely has a lot going for it, but I'd just like to see a bit more "oomph" to take it to the next level from "nice" to "wow".
Many thanks for the positive comments.
I did use a tripod and tried some with myself in the scene but I just couldnt get a good enough exposure on myself aswell as the image you see.The glow was way way to much I looked liked David Dickinson "and then some". not a good look :) I do agree I also felt more could be done.If I have any more thoughts I will try again.Theres lots more left that I have to burn.

Great shot..Loved it :) Will love to see more from you
Thanks very much.
Gorgeous colours!!
Cheers for that.

Hiya Gaz, thanks for the informative reply (y)

I've taken all my photos in Jpeg so far, but do think, after reading your post, its about time I started shooting raw and trying to enhance them through the Nikon imaging editor that came with the camera. Probably not the best, but it'd be a start. (y)
You will never look back. Canons software is basic theres only about 6 sliders that you need to use, compared to Lightroom "which I find difficult to use"
Honestly though you really should play with the Nikon sliders you will be amazed.

Gaz

Back