Maplin Sands

Very nice sunrise you have captured there. Good strong colours and the much need foreground interest leads the eye nicely to the sun.

Good stuff (y)

Lovely comp and colour on this one. The HDR is giving a bit of a halo around the bottom of the foreground, but that can be taken out. Nice work.:)

oh...soon as I saw it I said....ummmm , thats Lovely :clap: Glorious colors ....is it lightly HDR'd ? very subtle work (y)

Thank you for all you comment, really appreciate it :love:

No HDR, but processed with 5 exposures. The halo around the mud in the pool doesn't show in my original Tiff file, guess it stands out more when converted it to Jpeg :thinking:

lovely S shape keeps the whole thing together
a superb use of early hours
cheers
geof

Nice composition with a good exposure, like it

Hate to be the one to disagree....but although it's a nice shot, it seems very left heavy. The foreground interest is really nice, but both the sun and the foreground are on the left, which leaves the right hand side redundant and empty. So i'd have either moved around or maybe crop. What takes the edge off it the most for me is the HDR. It's left haloes all over the shot, which with a grad filter instead, just wouldn't be there. Nice shot that could have been lovely. Hope I haven't been too harsh, but the shot is marked for serious critique. :)

Not too harsh at all and where as i do agree the left hand side is a bit too heavy, i liked the clouds to the right of the photo and the orangy glow to the small stump of grass below. I couldn't bring myself to crop them out.

The one thing i do disagree with is the photo hasn't been HDR'ed. It was taken with 5 exposures and staked. I then painfully brushed in the areas i wanted to keep and then flatted together. The halo's don't show on the Tiff file, but i agree show on the Jpeg!!

Thank you for taking your time to post your comment, much appreciated though (y)

Last edited:
Not too harsh at all and where as i do agree the left hand side is a bit too heavy, i liked the clouds to the right of the photo and the orangy glow to the small stump of grass below. I couldn't bring myself to crop them out.

The one thing i do disagree with is the photo hasn't been HDR'ed. It was taken with 5 exposures and staked. I then painfully brushed in the areas i wanted to keep and then flatted together. The halo's don't show on the Tiff file, but i agree show on the Jpeg!!

Thank you for taking your time to post your comment, much appreciated though (y)

That's weird how the haloes have popped up on the jpeg. I layer blend all the time whereas I used to just HDR and I am glad to be halo free! Although some HDR can be nice. Maybe it's the compression on the jpeg, but i've never come across it before. Dunno :thinking:

Back