Marianne Does Bolton Abbey (56K Warning)

Edit My Images
Yes
how many can I post?

bolton_abby_0001.jpg

bolton_abby_0002.jpg

bolton_abby_0003.jpg

bolton_abby_0004.jpg

bolton_abby_0005.jpg

bolton_abby_0006.jpg

and there's more....

Reeeaaaalllyyy wishing I'd come now - this place looks ripe for some IR work!

Lovely varied set ~ I'm liking the sheep the most :D

I like those Stained glass windows, very nice.

Great selection Marianne.

I tried to look for something similar to #15 but just couldn't 'see' anything at the time :(

Hoodi, I think some shots from here would look great given the IR treatment.

thanks for the comments....I have been truly inspired by this beautiful place, I honestly never rated taking landscape photography myself much until today....true!

bolton_abby_0019.jpg

bolton_abby_0020.jpg

bolton_abby_0021.jpg

bolton_abby_0022.jpg

bolton_abby_0023.jpg

bolton_abby_0024.jpg

Hmmm - Marianne's not kidding about the landscape thing. Up until today she never rated it at ALL. More stuff to hide and carry or we get a Sherpa.... (no, not the Van)!

bolton_abby_0033.jpg

bolton_abby_0034.jpg

bolton_abby_0035.jpg

bolton_abby_0036.jpg

bolton_abby_0037.jpg

bolton_abby_0038.jpg

bolton_abby_0039.jpg

bolton_abby_0040.jpg

and that's the lot!

All were originally raw files but I quickly edited them using picassa :)

Great set of shots I like #39. It was great meeting you, hopefully we'll all do it again soon.

great set. Love so many of them, and so many that I wish I had spotted :p

I started to say which ones I loved but realised I was listing all of them :) excellent photos ;)

Some belters there Marianne.:)

All great photos there, wish I had seen some of those as well, never thought some of the things that were so simple would be so effective.
Was lovely to meet you, pleased you could make it.

32 is a lovely shot. There's still some detail left in the stonework but the reds in the sky are starting to show too. Infact it could almost pass for summer :)

Great shot :)

Paul

Well for someone who didn't like taking landscapes shots, these are really good Marianne. Excellent :)

Mike

What we have to do it again? :p

oooh wait, that might mean more cookies :D

Really good work here Marianne, even if you were at a disadvantage with that Nikon thing you were using ;)

I particulary like 2, 5, 19 and 24.

Thanks for coming to a great day out, it was fab to have you both there.

Now you know why I like taking old buildings! A lovely set of pictures only I can't remember that blue stuff in the background - thought they only had dull grey stuff in the sky when I visited as you would have seen in my earlier posting. I see you could not resist the sheep.

Sorry i could't make it - our trip up to the Dales as father christmas (early) will be in December. So glad you had a super day and wonderful images to show for it.

#11 for me - I love the way you have captured the sun shining through. Although it's a little dark in places on my monitor, I think it works really well!

Some very pleasing shots you have there.

Quite like #15 - all the curves stacked up like that makes for some good detail.

And also like #18 with the solitary stained glass window illuminated in the darkness.

Thanks for sharing (y)

He was thinking about number 4

nice set marianne, good turnout?

yes...there were quite a few of us there, we needed a table for 13 in the cafe and some of them didn't stay all day ;)

Back