Mark 1 spitfire.

Dino f

Wiiiiilmmmaaaaaaaa
Name
Dean Feltimo
Edit My Images
Yes
I got treated to a bit of a flypast today by this baby.
Mark 1 Spitfire, said to be the most original one flying today.

mk1.jpg

Now thats a real warbird!!!!
Dean:D

Cheers mate, tell you what, we heard it before we saw it, gave me just enough time to unpack my camera, turn it on, take lens cap off, aim......spray and pray:LOL:
Dean:)

Cracking shot of a superb aircraft! As has been said before, the sound of a Merlin takes a lot of beating!

Hope you dont mind Dean, I had a little play in PS to see what it would look like all scratched up and old. Hope you approve.

deanof.jpg

Dan.

i lol'd

like the shot too, wish i had been there, bet theres not many times that gets brought out its hanger...

where was it shot?

do you mind if i photoshop in some bullets flying by like in a dog fight? haha

Shes only flown a couple of times this year, after a lengthy rebuild. I believe shes the earliest airworthy spitfire around now. Unfortunately I was with Dean when she came in, minus my camera. Oh bugger!!! Can't believe i missed this oppurtunity. And whats more she beat up the airfield she'd have taken the hair off of Tom Thumb she was that low!!!
Neil

Great shot

The most beautiful plane, that very much helped us win, captured amazingly, I trust you are very proud of that Dino f. I know I would be, beauty in the sky

Great shot and thanks for sharing,

I love meeting the veterans that flew these and other warbirds especially if you get some time to talk to them at lenght...

Bit of info for others about this bird...

Bit of history link for her
http://www.military-airshows.co.uk/spitaw.htm

Hoped to display with:
http://www.hurricanedisplay.co.uk/

List as shows thus far:

31st May - Old Warden - Project Propeller

6th July - Old Warden - 100yrs of Flight

12/13th July - Duxford - Legends

30/31st August - Shoreham with R4118

19th - 21st Sept - Goodwood Revival

27/28th Sept - Northolt - Polish Tribute

Others have been pencilled in for now but not included just in case.

lovely, they just look right

Thanks for all your kind comments. She truly is an amazing bird, i feel very priviledged to have witness the "beat up".
Dan - thats a great rework - thanks.
Thats another rare one to put on my website.:D
Dean:)

:clap:
Cheers for sharing that. Very jealous of yourself and the pilot

Back