Marrakech Street Food at Night - Voigtlander Bessa, Portra 400

Name
Will
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently took a short trip to Marrakech taking only my new Bessa, a 35mm f1.4 lens and an assortment of rolls of film. I was nervous before I went but I'm convinced I made the right choice as I brought back so many wonderful shots. Will put together a full set shortly if there is interest but in the mean time I just wanted to share my favourite:

I like that Will, many more please. It is a place I have never been to but would love to visit, and this image doesn't make me think any different. A question if you don't mind, which Bessa did you use for this?

Cheers

Andy

Will, that is very atmospheric.

Been to Marrakech quite a few times over the years and this is just how I remember it... Its a place Ive always enjoyed photographing... well done

look at all those sausages

Indeed ... sort of takes away the exotic doesn't it.
Great photo though, very atmospheric, I like the rising smoke and sense of anticipation for the evening's trade :)

I just like sausages, mind you he also looks like he is plugged in to his mp3 or iphone :)

^^^WTS^^^ It's a very atmospheric shot so would be great to see some more.

Thanks for all the kind comments, I'll put together a little album shortly and post up the results :)

A question if you don't mind, which Bessa did you use for this?

It's a Bessa R2A, with Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 Nokton Classic lens in this case. Still quite a new camera to me but loving it so far.

Indeed ... sort of takes away the exotic doesn't it.
Great photo though, very atmospheric, I like the rising smoke and sense of anticipation for the evening's trade :)
I just like sausages, mind you he also looks like he is plugged in to his mp3 or iphone :)
The sausages come from the French influence, so while not so exotic they are authentic! Would be nice if he didn't have the headphones in but I can't help but feel that photoshopping them out would be cheating!

The sausages come from the French influence, so while not so exotic they are authentic! Would be nice if he didn't have the headphones in but I can't help but feel that photoshopping them out would be cheating!
Agree, the headphones are part of the shot, it's not like cloning out a stray twig.

I love the moodiness of the shot it really sums up the street market feel, you can almost smell the food.

Lovely shot full of atmosphere

Very nice, I love the colour rendition. What film is this?
It's Portra 400, was slightly muted for the daytime shots I took but was wonderful at night (despite being somewhat slower than I would usually have picked).

Back