Marwell's baby Giraffe - Ruby

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Glad we had a trip to Marwell yesterday as apparently it is closed today due to a burst water main. Hope no one from here was planning a trip...

Was a lovely day yesterday and we had the pleasure of meeting little Ruby - possibly the cutest giraffe ever. C&C more than welcome.

Ruby 24.03.2012 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Ruby 2 24.03.2012 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Ruby 3 24.03.2012 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

I think #2 is my favourite for the background. All taken with Nikon D60 & Nikon 70-300 AF-s VR lens.

Great to see her up and about, I have a throw away shot of her indoors when she was a couple of days old when they didn't know if she would make it...

OK where was the cuteness alert,:) Cracking shot's though.

Love the second using the adult giraffe as background for the smaller. Very clever.

Thankyou - I was pleased to have got that one as her standing in front of the adult was very short lived. The other backgrounds are actually a brick wall so not quite so pleasing on the eye,

Great to see her up and about, I have a throw away shot of her indoors when she was a couple of days old when they didn't know if she would make it...

Bless her - she looked fighting fit on saturday... and long may that be the case.

OK where was the cuteness alert,:) Cracking shot's though.

Sorry! She was even cuter in person though... (y)

Although the 2nd is good i prefer the 3rd. I just feel that when photographing Giraffe you need to frame them to include some of the neck.

Got a couple of Ruby myself a few days after birth. Having an annual pass does have it's advantages.

Back