Maserati

It looks OOF to my eyes, try using an aperture of arround F8 this should make the whole car sharp. Nice car though

D-pearce92 said:
It looks OOF to my eyes, try using an aperture of arround F8 this should make the whole car sharp. Nice car though

I couldn't control the aperture as was using shutter priority, I thought it looked a little out and was just seeing that if it was just me but seems not.

Last edited:
Natty94 said:
Wasn't trying to be arty or whatever just trying to blur the background

Why try and blur the background? Knocks the car out of focus, the car next to it is also a huge distraction, its also IMHO just a snapshot of a nice car, no thought behind it atall.

Next time you see this car or any other leave a nite on the windscreen with your number, they might let you photograph it away from distractions :)

Also just had a look back through your previous posts and photographs, if i found out someone had photographed my car and not photoshoped the number plate out or changed it i would be very annoyed..... Judging by the plates i can see you haven't done this at all, you should start doing it, might save you some agro n the future :)

Whilst i understand what you're saying, he's not showing anything i can't see as i walk down the high street. Not like he's given the GPS location that the car is parked in :D

Big A said:
Whilst i understand what you're saying, he's not showing anything i can't see as i walk down the high street. Not like he's given the GPS location that the car is parked in :D

Lol true, i only said that because plate cloning could cause someone a major problem.

Lol true, i only said that because plate cloning could cause someone a major problem.

Really this is a non issue, if you wanted to clone a plate, go on autotrader and search for the exact make, model, colour you are looking for...

It really is not an issue..

As for the photo, as has been said, get in touch with the owner get it away from the background and surronds and you will have an image both you and the owner will be pleased with..

Fair shout on the non issue just thought it worth a mention :-s

Natty94 said:
It is a fair point, I will cover a plate if the owner asks, I don't geotag the photos in case its outside the owners house, never thought about leaving my number on the windscreen

Leave it!!!! Always :)

Why must something always be "arty" ?
I saw one of these at the weekend and if I'd had the camera it would have been just that..a snapshot (but not showing numberplate :))

49Clicks said:
Leave it!!!! Always :)

Another thing with that is I don't have time to be doing car shoots for every supercar I see, I'm in the process of finishing college and moving into the world of work and trying to make a living. And to the people that say my pics are just 'snapshots' my style generally is supercars on the street, so I can't control where there parked, sometimes I'm lucky other times not and I try my best to get a decent shot.

Use aperture mode, will give you more control over your photo whether you want the b/g blurred or all in focus then up the iso to get a shutter speed that enables you to get the shot without a tripod.

I couldn't control the aperture as was using shutter priority, I thought it looked a little out and was just seeing that if it was just me but seems not.

changing the shutter speed or ISO in shutter priority mode will alter the aperture.

Back