Massey Furguson tower demolition !

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
The Massey furguson office tower a famous Coventry landmark was blown to the ground today…I managed to view it from my sister apartment which is right next to it..
I took them with my 60d and through glass on a very dull day so i think they turned out well (y)

From this….

IMG_4379.jpg by smokeygoose, on Flickr

IMG_4380.jpg by smokeygoose, on Flickr

IMG_4381.jpg by smokeygoose, on Flickr

IMG_4382.jpg by smokeygoose, on Flickr

IMG_4383.jpg by smokeygoose, on Flickr

IMG_4384.jpg by smokeygoose, on Flickr

Last edited:
I wondered if there were any other TPers there (y) I was shooting from the other side near the junction of Banner Lane and Broad Lane (y) though I have to say I think you had a better vantage point here Steve well done (y)

Matt

Good sequence as mentioned. They were a bit confident leaving that 360 so close to the tower.:eek:

Great sequence.

How long did you have to wait for the dust to settle before getting the last shot ?

Just showed these to my mum who is visiting and she said we lived close to there (Mount Nod) back in the early 70s

Great sequence.

How long did you have to wait for the dust to settle before getting the last shot ?

Just showed these to my mum who is visiting and she said we lived close to there (Mount Nod) back in the early 70s

how strange mount nod is where I live !!!

only took a few minutes to clear to be honest quite surprising

Small World. Alderminster Road we lived on.

Last edited:
Blimey, I've driven up for many a meeting at Agco, Banner Lane.

Great series of shots....Quite a sad sight.

Really super sequence! Alas; I've never lived there

Oh if only I had known about this earlier, the first I heard of it was around 2am the night before. I'd have loved to of gone as I used to go to the woodlands school across the road from the tower.

Regardless, great job on capturing a fantastic sequence.

Great action sequence of shots ! Luckily you had such a good vantage point without some jobsworth telling you to get back further ! !

Back