Matt Sayle Photography review 2009

Well done Matt we both enjoyed looking at your shots, thank you for all your input during 2009, looking forward to 2010.

Be proud of what you have achieved.

Best Wishes

Paul and Sharon

Still waiting for the DL :(

Thoughts on the PDF, what software did you use to create it from MS Word? If its a cheapo like PrimoPDF then the quality is usually poor and colours like the background are lost or faded. If you are using Adobe Acrobat Pro you can reduce the file size without losing quality - its a great trick and makes emailing/DLing PDF's much easier ;)
Another thought is to use MS publisher as the file sizes are smaller to start with. I shoudl imagine that your Word file is at least as big as the PDF?
Also resizing the images outside of the MS software helps keep the file size down - did you insert the image and then drag it smaller?

Still DLing :LOL:

EDIT: Nice document Matt, as said, you can see the images improving throughout the year and getting trackside must have been like winning the lottery - well done fella.
If I remember I'll email you a newletter that is created at work on a monthly basis, lots of words and images and its done in publisher ;)

Last edited:
Some really good photos there. INfact, all of them are great lol. Worth the 137mb viewing :)

Great idea and some really nice shots in there. This seems a really useful way not only to display your work to others but also to see your own progression through the year... you seem to have improved a lot from the start to the end of this document - you've certainly done well getting a press pass later on in the season.. think that's what most of the non pros on here dream of but most of us will never achieve it!

As kingy says above, with a good PDF creator/converter you could make this document much smaller as they are able to properly resize the images without noticeable quality loss when viewing on screen. Acrobat Pro has the ability to optimise existing PDF documents... running yours through it results in a file size of 27MB - the large images are less clear than in your original - you can download a copy of the compressed version here if you like... (i also put the black background you talked about back in - hope you dont mind!) .... https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=797705272&email=ebda34354a4218ca55a7c854e1cef653

If you would like me to convert your original word document (which would give better quality and size and keep the black bground) send me it or a link etc.

Excellent Matt, well done for taking what must have been hours to put that together. You really have improved this year mate, some of the stuff from mid-season on is really top drawer.

Great idea and some really nice shots in there. This seems a really useful way not only to display your work to others but also to see your own progression through the year... you seem to have improved a lot from the start to the end of this document - you've certainly done well getting a press pass later on in the season.. think that's what most of the non pros on here dream of but most of us will never achieve it!

As kingy says above, with a good PDF creator/converter you could make this document much smaller as they are able to properly resize the images without noticeable quality loss when viewing on screen. Acrobat Pro has the ability to optimise existing PDF documents... running yours through it results in a file size of 27MB - the large images are less clear than in your original - you can download a copy of the compressed version here if you like... (i also put the black background you talked about back in - hope you dont mind!) .... https://www.yousendit.com/transfer....705272&email=ebda34354a4218ca55a7c854e1cef653

If you would like me to convert your original word document (which would give better quality and size and keep the black bground) send me it or a link etc.

That is mega, thank you very much for doing that!! I am going to use theat version on my website. I will remove teh previous one and upload this version. Thank you very much! That is fantastic. i am over teh moon!

Thankyou!!!

Also, thanks everyone for all your comments!

Hi Matt,

You're doing the one thing that most photographers should do, but some don't....learning and getting better with time. You can see for the shots that you're starting to see the aspects of racing that others sometimes miss.

Hope you continue to enjoy what you do.

Guy

PS. I see you do wildlife photography too (i.e. the porcupine in the BTCC section :D )

Wow, back from the deep depths :LOL: :p

Thanks everyone :D

Hi Matt,

You're doing the one thing that most photographers should do, but some don't....learning and getting better with time. You can see for the shots that you're starting to see the aspects of racing that others sometimes miss.

Hope you continue to enjoy what you do.

Guy

PS. I see you do wildlife photography too (i.e. the porcupine in the BTCC section :D )

Thank you very much indeed Guy :D

As for that last bit :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back