Medium Format Processing.

PMSL! :LOL:

Impressed I am - SD version too! :clap:

Thanx Cedric ... :D ... actually think I got a pretty good package with the four bits but I've never used 120 so it'll be one big challenge ... :shrug:

Like you though I have always hankered after one of these or a Bronny ... :cautious:

Damn that Flea-bay ... :rules:

:p

Looks like you got a nice one there Rog - a lot of them have had a serious pro pounding and it shows. (y)

I hope so as it will have to last ... :D ... and it probably won't get any serious use let alone pro use in this household ... ;)

Should be arriving tomorrow lunch ... :shrug: ... just before I kick off for Manchester for a couple of days ... :cautious: ... bloomin' typical ...

Ha ha, go on Ven you know it makes sense. After all I've given you a good laugh at my antics, about time you joined in.

Go on, you know you want to........

Blooming nora! That makes my 645 look like a box brownie!

Dratted fleabay, I just bought a 45mm and a 150mm to go with my 80mm on the 645 oh and an 8ND for the Canons. Must leave fleabay alone, must leave fleabay alone.............

Should be arriving tomorrow lunch ... just before I kick off for Manchester for a couple of days ... bloomin' typical ...

Just as bloomin' typical ... the Post Office delivered it at 0800hrs on the nail ... go Royal Mail can you believe it ... .. :woot:

Ha ha, go on Ven you know it makes sense. After all I've given you a good laugh at my antics, about time you joined in.

Go on, you know you want to........

Blooming nora! That makes my 645 look like a box brownie!

Dratted fleabay, I just bought a 45mm and a 150mm to go with my 80mm on the 645 oh and an 8ND for the Canons. Must leave fleabay alone, must leave fleabay alone.............

Oh I expect antics will abound sooner or later ... :LOL: ... and flippin' eck the pics do not do the weight of this thing any justice ... :eek:

And Flea-bay must now get a rest ... :cautious: ... well maybe after the lenses I've tagged are mine, all mine ... :naughty: ... sorry ... I mean sold of course ... :shrug:

I rekon I could be the next victim !!!

Go for it Ally ... :D ... why should CT and me be the only ones needing to go on a body building course ... ;) ... it's a beast of a machine for sure ... :puke:

I have just had my first 120mm film processed by Peak Imaging....had the negatives back and a CD with the images on, so I can import into Lightroom/Photoshop to play with.

It was B&W film and they have come out with lovely tonal ranges.

Dark-and-stormy-afternoon.jpg

If only I had got the focusing right on the others.......:confused:

PS: The Brony weighs a ton and has a huge "kick" when you press the shutter!

That is, as I have already said Carole, a really lovely image ... (y) ... congratulations on pulling it off with your new gear ... ;)

I only hope I can turn out something half as decent when I start getting to grips with my monster ... :shrug:

I wonder how it compares to the weight of yours ... :thinking: ... it is certainly, shall we say, substantially built ... :D

Incidentally, what film did you use and where did you get it ... :shrug: ... something I have now to do I suppose ... :LOL:

Ok Rog what did you get? - I must be dim as I can't see it on the threads.
Looks like MF is having a resurgence - Got a RZ67 a couple of weeks ago (Ebay again...........!) and just had the first film developed by Peak - The quality of print both in clarity and definition is far beyond ink jet.
Only prob is it is heaveeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ok Rog what did you get? - I must be dim as I can't see it on the threads.
Looks like MF is having a resurgence - Got a RZ67 a couple of weeks ago (Ebay again...........!) and just had the first film developed by Peak - The quality of print both in clarity and definition is far beyond ink jet.
Only prob is it is heaveeeeeeeeeeeee!

The Linky is in the Ooops above ... ;) ... a Mamiya RB 67 Pro SD and a few other bits 'n pieces ... :D

And I have to agree with the HEAVY ... :eek: ... :LOL:

Still ... :cautious: ... Jill says I need the exercise ... :shrug:

:clap:

Nice touch getting the 120/220 power back Rog- mine came with one of those too. Do you still have to change the pressure plate in the film holder for 220 film with the SD?

:clap:

Nice touch getting the 120/220 power back Rog- mine came with one of those too. Do you still have to change the pressure plate in the film holder for 220 film with the SD?

More luck than judgement ... :eek: ... :shrug: ... and I'll let you know when I find out Cedric ... :D ... there is a button on top though ... :thinking:

It's all still in the case warming up ... :cautious: ... was freezing when it arrived a 0800hrs ... :naughty:

Haven't really got time to play before I head off to Manchester but I'll be taking the Instruction Book with me ... ;)

Jill's already frowning and shrugging at the thought ... :D

Wants to know what it's for ... :cautious: ... said I would let her know when I have found a use for it ... :LOL:

All she kept repeating was "credit crunch, CREDIT CRUNCH ... !"

:naughty:

......Incidentally, what film did you use and where did you get it ... :shrug: ... something I have now to do I suppose ... :LOL:

I used Kodak Tmax 100 ....long story, but someone else loaded it for me with one of his film stock. I am just about to try Ilford HP5....have no idea at all as to what the difference is likely to be and this was all my local jessops had. I need to start doing a bit of research!

You and me both Carole ... :LOL:

Need to work the thing out (and build some muscles up ... :cautious:) before venturing on to fillum loading though ... :eek:

At college we normally get told to use Ilford FP4 iso125 as a basic starting film but IMO ilford pan F iso50 is awsome!! :D

When you get to know your gear a bit better you have to give colour transperences a try, they really are the dogs bits :D

I'll try to find or write a guide to loading 120 film if anyone wants?

I was seriously considering a video, its difficult to describe loading with text and pictures.
Could do a basic kit requirement for B/W processing aswell..

maybe both ?, there seems to be a lot of peeps giving film a shot for the first time...for warned is for armed...:LOL:

YouTube wins

Spool loading 120 film
Film loading Mamiya RB/RZ 67
Film loading Hasselblad 500 CM (very similar to the Bronicas)

Film loading Mamiya 645

How can one nation of people, be soo intensely irritating:thinking:
errrr...umm....well....kinda....hummmm, just get on with it..

At college we normally get told to use Ilford FP4 iso125 as a basic starting film but IMO ilford pan F iso50 is awsome!! :D

When you get to know your gear a bit better you have to give colour transperences a try, they really are the dogs bits :D

I'll try to find or write a guide to loading 120 film if anyone wants?

Got a linky here but some pics would always help!

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/how2load120.htm

good job joxby :clap: excellent find there

Excellent guys ... :clap: ... you are all being very helpful to us new found filmers / trend setters ... (y) ... 120 is certainly alien to me but that You Tube clip makes it al look so easy ... :cautious: ... time will tell ... :D

Thank you Joxby, Ally & Ali et al for your much appreciated assistance ... :ty: ... and long may it reign ... ;)

Ha Joxby I wish I'd seen that before I misloaded my first roll of film, managed to double expose (actually make 12 exposures on the first frame) and ruin a film in the darkroom trying to load it on the dev tank spool.

So far.... camera 3 Ali 0

Now for the rematch....... will be a week or two before I have time to devote to messing about again but I will manage to get a pic out of the damn thing!

Managed to get a good deal on a RZ67 ProII and used in anger today, the negs are drying as I type. Looks like I managed to over-ride the dark slide interlock on a couple of shots :-/ but one or two look reasonable.

Just need to get a cheap light meter now, using my DSLR and a bit of guesswork is probably not the ideal way to work out the esposure.

Managed to get a good deal on a RZ67 ProII and used in anger today, the negs are drying as I type. Looks like I managed to over-ride the dark slide interlock on a couple of shots :-/ but one or two look reasonable.

Just need to get a cheap light meter now, using my DSLR and a bit of guesswork is probably not the ideal way to work out the esposure.

You could probably do worse than use your DSLR ... :shrug:

I picked up a Weston Master 5 to use with my RB quite reasonable too ... :D

Look forward to seeing your results ... ;)

You could probably do worse than use your DSLR ... :shrug:

I picked up a Weston Master 5 to use with my RB quite reasonable too ... :D

I have a Weston Master III but have no idea how to use it, so used my DSLR to get an exposure reading, dialled it into bronnie and crossed my fingers. On some it was way out, but on others ok.

Incidently..........:woot: I picked up a "First" at my camera club tonight with that Bronica shot, which I called "Storm at sea". My Dad would have been so proud of me!!

Do you want to know how to use that light meter ?

I soon got balled off with carrying a £500 5Kg lightmeter

ooo, I didn't read that last bit properly.....so well flippin done(y)

Ta, Joxby. Your support has meant a lot to me.

....and yes...it might be useful, but to be honest, it looks so complicated....and given that it took me forever to just load a roll of film, I'm not sure I can cope with the meter. Is there a U-tube demo??

I have a Weston Master III but have no idea how to use it, so used my DSLR to get an exposure reading, dialled it into bronnie and crossed my fingers. On some it was way out, but on others ok.

Incidently..........:woot: I picked up a "First" at my camera club tonight with that Bronica shot, which I called "Storm at sea". My Dad would have been so proud of me!!

I downloaded a user manual after a quick Google for mine DS and was amazed at just how easy they are to use ... :shrug: ... try HERE for your model ... ;)

And congratulations on your recent success ... :clap:

Do you want to know how to use that light meter ?

I soon got balled off with carrying a £500 5Kg lightmeter

ooo, I didn't read that last bit properly.....so well flippin done(y)

:eek: ... 500 squids ... :cautious:

nah, you did it, I just pointed out the button:)

Well, to go with Vens fab find, I can describe how to use mine, which is similar....but even more ancient:banana:

2zokqo0.jpg

1. Set the iso speed of the film you are using -
Its that red window, you have to press the little locking button at the bottom of the meter and rotate the white disk to select iso.

2. Take a meter reading -
If its a scape, just hold it vertically in the direction of your scene, mine reads 200 in this picture.

3. Calculate -
Rotate the black disk so that the arrow points at the meter reading marked on the extreme outer ring (body of the meter, it doesn't move).

4. Read it -
Shutter speed is on the white disk, F/stop is on the black, where they match each other is your choice of settings.
On my meter it says f/8 @ 1/800th or f/9 @ 1/600th or f/14 @ 1/250th, and so on....any of those should give good exposure.

On the back of the meter, you might have a door with holes in it that cover the selenium, if you open that door it changes the scale and allows you to meter in lower light, this clunky old clonker meters up to 90 seconds, which is quite a dark scene

Nice one, I bought some old russian thing off ebay to go with my Lubitel that Groucho gave me. At least I should have some idea how to operate it now when it turns up. The film is loaded, now I just need something to photograph. The whole left to right being back to front is taking some getting used to though.

Right then Ven, you've had the camera 2 weeks now, time to show us the goods(y)

Right then Ven, you've had the camera 2 weeks now, time to show us the goods(y)

:LOL:

Right Kev ... :cautious: ... ahem ... actually the films and backs have all arrived now including a polaroid back and some film from Calumet ... :eek: ... I've run out of excuses ... :coat:

It's definitely getting an outing this weekend ... :D

WTS ... :naughty:

Back