memory card help ( raw )

Edit My Images
No
Hey,

Ive never had this problem before. But when i shoot raw.. it's fine.

When i go upload on my computer and transfer them.. it comes up as jpeg and does open as jpeg instead of raw on some of my images and then some are raw?

Why's it doing that? :eek:

It depends on what software you are using. If the software is not RAW compatible it may be accessing in internal jpeg file and loading that.

As you have a 400D you should have DPP on the systems disk that came with the camera. Load that and see if that helps.

Alternatively as said before you may have RAW + JPEG selected.

I think it's more simple than the suggestions above. If you shoot in the creative modes (Av, Tv, etc) then you'll get a RAW+Jpg (assuming you've configured the body for that option) but any shots taken in the basic modes will only generate Jpg's

Bob

I think it's more simple than the suggestions above. If you shoot in the creative modes (Av, Tv, etc) then you'll get a RAW+Jpg (assuming you've configured the body for that option) but any shots taken in the basic modes will only generate Jpg's

Bob

But that's what we were saying :cautious:

But that's what we were saying :cautious:

Not quite. On Canon Cameras if you shoot Auto then the camera won't save as RAW even if you have RAW selected. It'll only save as JPG (although I hear some of the very latest models this has changed).

So, if you have RAW selected but are changing between Auto and Manual (or semi-manual) modes then some files will save as JPG and some as RAW.

Not quite. On Canon Cameras if you shoot Auto then the camera won't save as RAW even if you have RAW selected. It'll only save as JPG (although I hear some of the very latest models this has changed).

So, if you have RAW selected but are changing between Auto and Manual (or semi-manual) modes then some files will save as JPG and some as RAW.

This makes seance changing back to full auto modes, but semi-manual modes will always shoot RAW not jpeg if selected, unless RAW+jpeg is selected by mistake.

Back