Messing with the world

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
It's wet and miserable outside so I've taken the opportunity to try out a technique that I've been wanting to play with for ages. What d'ya think?

Globe.jpg

Cool! Mind sharing what the technique is. Maybe show the original for those of us who are post processing dunces!

I will with pleasure, it'll have to wait till the morning though coz my son's asleep in the spare room and thats where my computer is with the original on ;)

It's the morning!!!

Yup and my son's finally up, so here goes:

The original RAW file

original.jpg

After processing - just white balance tweaked and levels adjusted

Globelevels.jpg

Then a background added - I got this one from a cover disk on Digital Photo magazine. Just added as a new layer on top then changed the blending mode to Multiply. This lets one layer show through the other. With a layer mask I then painted out the background from the globe surface

Globebackground.jpg

Then, using the Hue, Saturation, Lightness feature I ticked the colorize box and balanced the sliders till I got the colour I liked (H34, S35, L0)

Globesepia.jpg

I then created this simple image on a new layer using a sponge brush at about 600 pixels. Just randomly painted on a white layer making sure I painted heavier round the edges. I dropped the opacity back to 65%

Globespeckle.jpg

Finally I changed the layer blend mode to Colour Burn and painted out a little from the stand because the effect was too heavy there.

Voila!

Globe.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions! PM me if you'd prefer

Thanks allot for doing this! I'm just learning and that is really helpful.

No problem at all, thanks for the compliments on the picture ;)

Back