MGB GT

Name
Reinis
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Nice shots of a nice car. My girlfriend used to have one many moons ago and it was a great buzz being driven around, windows down and music blasting out.

Cracking good work. Look like brochure shots to me.

Really nice set.

the MG looks great in this colour, definitely need to get another one soon haha well maybe a few years but I will have another!

That is a cracking set, I'd go as far as to say its one of the best sets I've seen all year (y) all of them are spot on its also so wonderful to not be looking at some god awful modified car that looks like its suffered complete suspension failure :woot:

Thank you all so kindly again and again!
MWHCVT - if you do enjoy the classics I shot another on the same day and will be uploaded here soon - another stunning classic owned by the same person - Rally Spec Mini Cooper S

2 by Reno_LV Photography, on Flickr

Ilegal number plate too.

In what way? Being of the age the car is, it's subject to different rules/laws than newer models.

For me, the only one of the shots that doesn't work very well is the one of the car in motion (#212) - can't find a sharp bit. Have to be honest and say that I'm not a great fan of the B series MGs but can still appreciate the fact that they are classics now! (At least it's a metal bumper one...)

Thanks everybody again.
Just re: the plate - it actually is a legal plate, the car is fully road legal, MOT'ed etc., it is just not a modern plate you get nowadays! I even checked with the owner to be sure.
Thanks Nod, 212 focus is on the mirror and door handle, you can see that on full screen, but due to law of physics with such a narrow aperture and low shutter, you just can't get the whole car in focus, but it wasn't my aim in the first place, otherwise it would be like 1/200 and F9 and pretty boring shot. Sorry, just my preference.

Lovely set of shots.

The number plates do look awful IMO. Seeing as it's pre 1973, I'm surprised the owner hasn't put a set of black/silver plates on it.

mmm I love MGs, I used to have a Sebring replica in midnight blue, it was my only car for 3 years and I had to fix something on it every single day (and it wasn't a FORD lol). I turned up for a job interview just as the clutch went and fiddled with it resulting in dirty hands but it got me the job! I also got to race it round croft and won night rallies in it. I am far too busy lazy to own one now though :)

With regards to the number plates - they are the correct plates for the year, in a style which was correct and "in" at the time with the pronounced dot above the I.

In 1972 plates were NOT black and silver, and much like these days, even the cars that did have black and silver plates were changed onto plastic white and yellow plates to make them look younger.

Now that that is settled, thank you on behalf of my step-father for all your lovely comments regarding the car, we are very very pleased with the results and cannot reccomend Reinis enough. Absolutely professional and a complete gentleman at all times.

That's a great set of shots and very nostalgic for me. I restored one of these with my dad through my early teenage years, almost an extact twin to your shot down to the colour (except for the plates ;))

Just resurrecting this old thread.

Got one myself ( see avatar ) and find I am constantly taking pictures wherever we are but hope to improve on the quality going forward.

Great pics and lovely car.

Thank you - make sure you tag me in your thread - love these motors!

Back