michael ponders life

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
was pretty dark in the bar and 28mm isn't at it's best wide open (hence lusting for a 35mm f2) so this is a bit grainier than id like
3379544498_d29ebc2e89_o.jpg

Just too dark I am afraid, plus it looks like he has a cup on his head :D

It's a bit dark like you say, perhaps a little too dark (just a notch up might make all the diff). But it's the fez effect that distracts me the most. ;)

Having said that, it's a nice thoughtful pose, so a bit of exposure sliding and cloning would be great!

lol ok one of my first attempts at cloning but hopefully its better, i think i need to calibrate my monitor a lot of people have said my stuff is too dark but looks fine on my comp

3379544498_6ffb10115f_o.jpg

Fair enough if it is a first attempt, but it is still very noticeable where you have done the cloning.

Rather than try and improve this one, (because to be honest, I dont think you can improve it without making it dreadfully noisy), can you try and shoot it again? :)

nope, was a candid shot of someone wont see again for a while. yeah i need to invest ina tablet and a bigger monitor (using a laptop) to be honest id hardly considered or noticed the stupid shape. maybe i need to slow down and really go through my stuff. *sigh* new body and lens is proving a steep learning curve

Hey, we've all been there! I took a pic of my cat aaaaaaaages ago that I was dead proud of, I never noticed it looked like there was a syringe sticking out of her head :LOL:

But yes, slow down, take more time to compose/get the right setting etc. You will improve no end (y)

yeah i know, just tough when you're firing off candid shots in terrible lighting with a manual lens :( but yeah i think this week i will be mostly watching not taking

Then stick to auto for a while? Its not pretty, but you'll soon be hankering after the manual mode :)

Dont learn to run before you can walk and all that (y)

its a manual lens ;) its fine, been using another manual lens for a few months, more the combination of getting to grips with a new lens and body and how they perform compared to my other body and lens combo that's tripping me up at the moment.

that and not spotting fezs

Back