Microlights in Lancashire

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a few shots of fellow Microlighter flyers at my local airfield yesterday. My first attempt with one eye on the shot and the other on my escape route just in case the wing got the better of them :LOL:

(1)
4977008115_553bbe8766_b.jpg

(2)
4977008257_53ebdc1fa2_b.jpg

(3)
4977620142_c611ce1f84_b.jpg

(4)
4977620422_b62d85afb5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure I saw one of them over here last night...... may be....

Terran

Could well be, We tend to hug the coast where we can so if flying from anywhere south of Morecambe up to the lakes we would cross the water near you at Arnside :)

Where abouts are these? There're a few hang gliders near me (on the way to Rochdale) these would be more appealing to see (powered)

Where abouts are these? There're a few hang gliders near me (on the way to Rochdale) these would be more appealing to see (powered)

There are a number of Microlight Airfields in the North West area and a quick visit here http://www.bmaa.org/pwpcontrol.php?findusingparamregion=gb_north_west should help locate them.

You won't find any Microlight airfields in and around Rochdale because as you know there are one or two hills just to the north and immediately south you are into the Manchester Controlled Airspace.

There are Microlights flying from Barton (Near the Trafford Centre) St Michaels, Rossall Field and Brook Farm all near Garstang, and then you can look south of Manchester at Arclid near Sandbach.

Last edited:
Back