Mistle Thrush (Image Added)

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
This bird's been around for 3 or 4 days but but this morning was the first clear shot I've managed. Big handsome bird but the slightest movement and it's off. Still - a first in the garden- I get the odd Song Thrush now and again, but never one of these before.

IMG_1523 1 by tonky8203, on Flickr

This guy was in full voice - really giving it some.

IMG_1529 1 by tonky8203, on Flickr

7D 500mm f/4L IS, 1600 ISO.

Last edited:
Lucky you a Mistle thrush. I very rarely see song thrushes let alone these.

Lucky you a Mistle thrush. I very rarely see song thrushes let alone these.

Curiously Paul, the Song Thrush is Red Status while the Mistle Thrush is only Amber status. They do seem to have different life styles though - I usually see Song thrushes rummaging around in cover on the ground, while the Mistle Thrush from what I can see seems to spend more time up in the canopy so isn'r so easily seen - perhaps that's it. :shrug:

Good find and capture Ced`s (y) it looks a fair size :puke: I caught a brief glimpse of one at the weekend down by my Bog :thinking: Could not tell if it was a Mistle or not as I was a fair distance away,have not seen it since but hope it returns whatever it was. Love the Blackie singing as well :)

Good spot and capture on the Mistle Cedric. Nice capture on the Blackbird as well.

Nice one,(y) we have one visiting the hide field but will just not come close enough. Such pretty birds.

Two fine images Cedric, don't see many mistle thrush pics on here.

I managed this shot a bit later - but there was foliage in the way so I had to pick up the whole rig - 7D, 500mm and tripod and hand held a quick burst. Thank god for IS - and the Weetybix I had this morning!

IMG_1537 1 by tonky8203, on Flickr

Not brilliant, but you can see what's bringing this bird back to the garden - let's hope it continues.

But enough of Mistles - just check out the balls on my Sparrers! :cool:

Img_0006 1X by tonky8203, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back