Beginner Misty Valley

Interesting from the perspective of feeling like it was shot from an aeroplane more than just a small hovering device, but *for me* it's not interesting as a photograph - there's no sense of involvement or depth.

Captured this with my drone. I like the image but not sure if perhaps my PP is a bit off.
C&C welcome
DJI_0102 by David Malpas, on Flickr

its an unusual shot for most of us to see
was it your main camera used...and the shutter fired by??
cheers
geof

Bright sun behind the cloud confuses the shot IMHO. I might have dehazed it a bit (LR6). That might make it all a bit sharper and clearer.

But an interesting viewpoint, these drones are so interesting...

I like this shot because the other day I was flying (a light aircraft not a drone) down towards Dartmoor and although I didn't have the blue sky (it was really murky) I did have the lying fog in the valleys and it was just so beautiful. This has brought back the memory, so thank you. You might have pushed the blue in the sky a bit too far but I wouldn't do anything to change the haze/mist.
As an aside, I hope you were flying the drone on a hill and it wasn't really as high as it appears to be. Sorry but as a PPL flying from an uncontrolled airfield drones are never far from the back of my mind.

It's a moderately ok shot? Which doesn't help with the Photoshopping. Or whether it's any good.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 13
Realised you had a larger version on flickr, so went for a gander. The image has banding in the sky from excessive jpeg compression (I presume) and there's flare on the lens that has introduced a coloured blob & lowered contrast. Less flare/a better optic might have helped with the sense of depth. HTH

Back