Captive Mixed bag of Stuff

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
Strangely not been "feeling it" as much as normal with regards the portrait photography......might just be a consequence of being busy elsewhere!!

Anyhoo a few recent ones!

Brotherly Love 2! by Sir SR, on Flickr

Finlay by Sir SR, on Flickr

Brotherly Love! by Sir SR, on Flickr

ISM mono by Sir SR, on Flickr

and colour because I always seem to get asked!!

ISM by Sir SR, on Flickr

This last one surprised me - my youngest just strolled in, Mum's scarf on clutching the umbrella and wanted her pic taking!!

Vintage J! by Sir SR, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

S

another lot of Cracking shots, but for me the square light reflection in the eyes slightly detract in 4/5 more so than the others,

Your not wrong there, £5 seems to be her going rate at the moment for anything.

Lovely shots.Only comment...Some are a bit too low on top.Top of head missing,or touching the "ceiling"

Yeah. That's a personal taste thing, despite personal initial protestations, turns out I am indeed a head cropper!

Nothing wrong with a headcropper at all.

I was on a workshop where they made us group-critique a ton of portraits. The whole idea was to find out what within the image made us feel "uncomfortable" and what we were OK with. Turns out no one cared about headcropping at all. The main things were cropping off at certain points and cropping things that make the image seem unbalanced. Chairs, tables, trees etc.

Anyway, nice shots Shaheed! What was the lighting setup, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with a headcropper at all.

I was on a workshop where they made us group-critique a ton of portraits. The whole idea was to find out what within the image made us feel "uncomfortable" and what we were OK with. Turns out no one cared about headcropping at all. The main things were cropping off at certain points and cropping things that make the image seem unbalanced. Chairs, tables, trees etc.

Anyway, nice shots Shaheed! What was the lighting setup, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi

Yeah, I tend to agree with this! Although the two sisters are perhaps a little tight at the top of the frame looking back.

Lighting very simple - had a limited time frame so didn't complicate matters.

Two lencarta smartflashes on axis (clamshell) through softboxes.

S

I love a good head crop - especially if the eyes are spectacular, really draws you in. Don't think it always works, but when it does, phwaaaa!

Back