mk4 polo

Edit My Images
No
bit rusty after not shot anything in a really long time but I'm semi pleased with the results. shame it could not have been outside lighting would have been easier then lol.

4824010024_44da4fbbe1_b.jpg

4823395151_fb1f13dfce_b.jpg

4824009900_2a646826dd_b.jpg

and one of me in action

d3a01fde.jpg

Bugger, I thought you had shot some horsey polo with a Canon 1D MkIV! :LOL:

Nice pics though!

Really nice shots.

I really like how the lighting is effective and subtle so that it doesn't overpower the shots.

My favourite I think is the 3rd shot (y)

ah, jordans polo... that thing is a work of art.. he will be recieving my car soon, his companies workmanship is as truly stunning as these pictures you have taken mate... top marks, the lighting really catpures the true finish of the car :)

I quite like the light pool in the first shot - got some interesting shadow and drop-off there that works well with a white car. DoF is a bit shallow though, making the roof line and the interior out of focus. Not a major thing, just something to chew over.

The spray booth shot is okay but I can see there's a difference between the shadows under the front splitter that don't match up. Also, the wing mirrors look like they're set to different positions and the front left wheel is lit, whereas the driver's side front isn't. It's got potential but i think you deffo need a flash inside the car to give it some punch.

The last shot is interesting because of the high, wide viewpoint and the almost centrally composed subject matter. Probably the best lighting of the set and the workshop environment works well, as if the car has just been finished. Again, a small speedlight set behind the car could have given a bit of rim/back lighting and helped pick out some detail inside the car. Food for thought I suppose for future.

All in all, it's a nice trio of a pretty neat car. Loving the black roof BTW. Good man too for including a set-up shot :)

Last edited:
I quite like the light pool in the first shot - got some interesting shadow and drop-off there that works well with a white car. DoF is a bit shallow though, making the roof line and the interior out of focus. Not a major thing, just something to chew over.

The spray booth shot is okay but I can see there's a difference between the shadows under the front splitter that don't match up. Also, the wing mirrors look like they're set to different positions and the front left wheel is lit, whereas the driver's side front isn't. It's got potential but i think you deffo need a flash inside the car to give it some punch.

The last shot is interesting because of the high, wide viewpoint and the almost centrally composed subject matter. Probably the best lighting of the set and the workshop environment works well, as if the car has just been finished. Again, a small speedlight set behind the car could have given a bit of rim/back lighting and helped pick out some detail inside the car. Food for thought I suppose for future.

All in all, it's a nice trio of a pretty neat car. Loving the black roof BTW. Good man too for including a set-up shot :)

I can explain why the mirrors look different in the *****

on a mk5 polo (thats whats fitted to the car) one mirror is standard size and the other is a stubby mirror

It could so that when you park it on the side of the road the stubby one hangs out into the road (in Europe anyway) in case you dont remember to fold it in? Don't count me on that obviously but makes sense? sort of?

Number 3 is my fave btw. love the angle and mood of it :)

It could so that when you park it on the side of the road the stubby one hangs out into the road (in Europe anyway) in case you dont remember to fold it in? Don't count me on that obviously but makes sense? sort of?

Number 3 is my fave btw. love the angle and mood of it :)

That theory sounds pretty good. Bit like the old Twingos that had a rear passenger door on one side but not on the other (the road side in EU)....

Damn clean & Tidy workshop, although the stands on the left of the bottom pic are very distracting. Nice shots of a tidy little motor :)

As for the mirrors, Mercedes do this as well. Something to do with magnification???

Back